Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 265wt or 1340

Options
  • 05-11-2009 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Have been looking for a new sat nav for the last few weeks, and have come down to these two. The 1340 has only been released on the in April 09 and has lane assist and Eco route calculating system whereas the 265wt has the traffic features and seems to have fairly good reviews on the internet any major flaws would surely have been exposed by now. Anybody have any experience using either device. All feedback would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Have you used a Sat Nav before? If so, what model?

The 265WT, is a decent unit, but remember that the Traffic feature is not available here yet. You can pay for it, if you want, but it won't work. The 265 also has bluethooth, if that's important to you.

The 265W is available on Amazon.co.uk for for £130.

The 1340 is also a W (widescreen) model, and you can also get a T (traffic) model, if you want. It's a new model, and features the added feature of Lane Assist (still limited in Ireland) ecoroute (which I've no knowledge of), text to speech (handy), Cyclops speed camera info (not very useful in Eire), and speed limit indicator (useful). The 1340 does not have bluethooth, so no phone connection, if that's important.

The 1340 is available for £140 on Amazon.co.uk.

Both units are great, and won't disappoint you. If I really had to choose, I'd go with the 1340, as I don't like/want bluethooth, Traffic doesn't work, and I'd much prefer Lane Assist and Speed Limit Indicator.

Just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

Hi Mr Mac
    I had the Streetpilot c320 for the last few years but lost the bloody windscreen mount during hols to Florida last October €70 to replace the mount alone. Have no real need for traffic or Bluetooth to be honest. When you look at it that way the 1340 seems the best option. Seen Garmin 1340 for €150 on pixmania
    Thanks again much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

That's a pretty decent price for the 1340.

Pity about the c320 - you can charge it using a mini usb cable, or a motorola car charger. I did find a suitable charger, and windscreen mount on ebay, starting at £18.

Failing that, have a look at my €63 alternative :)

Advertisement