Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E51 Mail Function

• 05-11-2009 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,640 ✭✭✭

Hello

I have a Nokia E51 phone and I have my work e-mail setup on it.

So Menu > Messaging > And the Mailbox Icon

Its all setup ok and downloads the mails fine so no issues there

My issue is that when I open a mail, I cannot see who the mail was sent "to "
    It just shows the FROM and SUBJECT

So I cant see who the mail was sent to , cc'ed etc.
    Now I can see who the mail was sent to if I do a REPLY ALL, but this is a bit of a pain every time

does anyone know if there is a way to setup mail on the Nokia E51 that will show the TO field when you open the mail

I Have checked al the other settings and cant see anywhere to have the TO field

It seems such a simple thing but maybe Nokia just dont support it

Any help really appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you go to message details in the message it'll show you the to list. Not ideal i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,640 ✭✭✭obi604

Thanks for the reply !!

Not ideal is right but ok

I just find it funny and fairly basic that you cant see who the e-mail was sent to : )

I now have a Nokia 5800 :) and it has the same e-mail setup as I explained in the Nokia E51

Does anyone know is there an external piece of software that you could download to a NOKIA 5800 that is better than the one supplied on the phone ? or is that possible ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

obi604 wrote: »
    I now have a Nokia 5800 :) and it has the same e-mail setup as I explained in the Nokia E51

Does anyone know is there an external piece of software that you could download to a NOKIA 5800 that is better than the one supplied on the phone ? or is that possible ?

a few options. Nokia have a program you can download, called nokia messaging. Get it here: http://email.nokia.com/account/home.action

sound, thanks for reply, will try that out

Do you know is there a better texting app that could be used.

e.g. When I get a text and press reply, the reply is not quoted below where I am typing, on most phones now, the origiinal text will be on screen too, of you know what I mean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

obi604 wrote: »
    e.g. When I get a text and press reply, the reply is not quoted below where I am typing, on most phones now, the origiinal text will be on screen too, of you know what I mean

That generally doesn't happen for text messages. Nokia use to have a program called 'chat' or 'conversation' that kinda worked like msn.

Advertisement