Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far is IKEA from Dublin Airport?

Options
  • 05-11-2009 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Just wondering how far IKEA is from the Airport and:
    a) If it's on a bus route
    b) If not, how much would a taxi from the Airport to IKEA cost?
    Thanks,
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

About 10 minute spin in a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

As far as I know it's fairly close. I reckon no more than 20 quid in a taxi. Pure guess though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

It's like around 10 minutes from the Airport.

I'm pretty sure there's buses that go there, check dublin bus website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Taxi looking at about €12. Don't know about bus route to there from Ikea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Only buses that serve Ikea are 13a and 140 both coming from the city.

Taxi about €17.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

You can get a 16A / any of the 41's / 746 as far as the Drumcondra Road/Griffith Ave and a 13A back to IKEA, total cost <€4 or about €7 return. Not advisable when travelling with the new kitchen, though - although neither is air travel :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Whisper it but if you get the free bus from the airport to the long term parking at Harristown you could walk to Ikea in about 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

jdivision wrote: »
    Whisper it but if you get the free bus from the airport to the long term parking at Harristown you could walk to Ikea in about 10 minutes

Driving directions to R104/St Margaret's Rd
    4.0 km – about 6 mins

[URL="javascript:void(0)"]iw_minus.gifiw_plus.gif[/URL]Suggested routes
    [URL="javascript:void(0)"][/URL]

icon_greenA.pngR108

1.Head east on R108 toward Old Airport Rd Go through 1 roundabout
    3.1 km
    2.Turn right at Balbutcher Ln/R104 Continue to follow R104
    0.3 km
    3.Take the 1st right onto R104/St Margaret's Rd Destination will be on the left
    0.6 km

3.9 km – about 6 mins

More like 30mins+ - wouldn't want to walk that with anything bought in IKEA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Blue van man

Are you getting an aircoach bus? Be weary of taxi's some will charge €25 plus. If you are looking for delivery when in Ikea I can collect you take you to Ikea help you get your things and then take you home. How does that sound?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Taxi from the airport is only about €14-16, i live quite close to IKEA and regularly get cabs from the airport. If the taxi goes through the back roads it's less than 10 mins.

• Advertisement
Advertisement