Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EASY DOES IT

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Took yesterday off.
    Went to a party last night and ate alot of peanuts so much that i had ti put the session back 3 hours this am to let the tummy settle.

4km warm up
    5km hard but not racing(19.35) 2 min rec
    5km 19.30 2 min rec
    5km 19.40
    4 km warm down

all in all nearly a 15 mile run and didnt even notice it.
    Think it makes 79 for the week and didnt even notice it. Will see how the long one goes tomorrow with asimonov.

Usual sunday. 4 hours sleep and go for the long one. Kids eh.........
    20 miles at 7.28 with Asimonov and two other runners. One of the lads is a natural. Reckon he could be a serious runner. Tall, Light and good stride(opposite to me on the 3 counts)
    hope to run the 5 miler nxt sunday but wont be going easy for it. Put in a 70 mile week and see how i am sunday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Yeah, that was a nice run VR, company makes the miles fly by (even if i only did 15!)

8 miles today @ 7.30 pace. 20 minutes stretching afterwards.
    Knee is getting va little sore. Hope to run a fast one tomorrow but will see how i am.
    Lent is nearly here. I could give up so many things. Thinking of rubbish free. Other teeth are causing me trouble. too many biccies, sweets etc.

Took a half day flexi today. Dropped kids of to the parents and off i went.
    4 mile warm up @ 7.17 pace. A pace that should be a walk in the park felt a little tough. 4.5 miles tempo at 6.11 a mile.Wanted to do 5-6 but was shagged. Lovely loop that has everything. Each lap is 2k. Every yd was a struggle to be honest. 4 mile cool down @ 7.25 pace. Another 12.5 miles done but not a great session. Amazing the way negative thoughts enter the head straight away. 3 weeks ago i ran 23.18 outside for 4 that wasnt racing pace. Maybe its a virus, maybe the accumulation of a tough session sat, long run sunday.
    Lent tomorrow so going to give the treats a real go. Mightnt even last the day. But its One day at a Time.

Knee alot better today but am going to do abit more running on softer surfaces. For a Big Boy the road has been good to me to date but I dont want ot take the mick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

The first few days are the hardest VR,get through the w/e and its easy after that.
    Remember...an urge only lasts a moment...get over that moment and your grand.

Today
    6 miles in 6.56 a mile in the gym
    6.5 miles in hte park at 6.59 a mile

Detox day as a result of a bad bad night.
    Fruit and yogurt all day and had the dinner tonight.

Giving up all rubbish which to me is no mean feat. Never last too long but will give it a lash anyway. Ballycotton is the main aim so 5 weeks away. Looking forward to the mars bar and the t shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

Today
    6 miles in 6.56 a mile in the gym
    6.5 miles in hte park at 6.59 a mile

Detox day as a result of a bad bad night.
    Fruit and yogurt all day and had the dinner tonight.

Giving up all rubbish which to me is no mean feat. Never last too long but will give it a lash anyway. Ballycotton is the main aim so 5 weeks away. Looking forward to the mars bar and the t shirt.

Keep up the good work VR. Agree (sort of :rolleyes:) with Sosa re the urge. I was going to have a beer with the dinner just there but then I figured why bother and then just feel bad about it, and the urge went away. I did great staying off the beer in Jan and now want to get off it again for the next 4wks........ and if I keep up sessions like todays I'll be too damn tired to drink anyway.

Hammys and glutes really stiff today from a good few lunges tuesday(sore yesterday but worse today) A friend had a session to do. I was tired stiff and after tuesdays poor session time wise i was low in confidence. I need a good time in a race and sundays 5 aint the one for me. Keep doing what i am doing and ease of from wednesday nxt week.

Today 5 x 1 mile with 1 min rec. I joined his session so wasnt going to dictate. I asked him after 4 will we do 2 more which was saying i was ok.
    3 mile warm up at 7.48 pace that felt hard
    3 mile warm down 7.17 pace that felt like a walk in the park.
    All in all a great session. Confidence restored thank god.
    Meal out tonight with 11 others. Only one not to have a desert. Now thats a first.Always the first thing i look at a menu. Glad now that i hadnt one. No biccies today so 2 days down. Friday night working in a bar with chocolate and peanuts talking to me will be hard. But all for another day.

Looking forward to getting out on the bike over the weekend for an energy bar if i go over 2 hours and maybe if i do a 20 miler i might deserve one.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

Great session VR, your splits are very consistant and its nice too finish with a fast one. I'm finding sessions like these are doing wonders for my overall pace.

• Advertisement

8 miles today at 7.30 pace. Felt very hungry by the end of it. Had the shower the a big dinner. The urge for chocolate is hitting me.
    72 miles this week.
    No run planned tomorrow. In 8 days i have ran 87 miles so an easy spin on hte bike will do me no harm.

40 miles on the bike today at a leisurely 15mph. With a long run planned for tomorrow it was what the doctor ordered.

Sunday
    Felt tired. 8 miles at 8 min mile pace. Think it might be the long cycle in my legs.

Monday
    7 miles at 7 min mile pace. Wanted to run at pmp for 10 mile but wasnt able.
    Feel i have a greaded virus. AT least i aint injured and have plenty of work done.
    Still off the goodies for lent although i did scoff 4 bagels earlier. Very tough.
    tough buts its only 40 days(960 hours)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Still off the goodies for lent although i did scoff 4 bagels earlier. Very tough.
    tough buts its only 40 days(960 hours)

Do you eat apples or oranges? I find an apple is good to munch on when you get the urge for a few biccies...or an orange is even better cos the tedium of peeling it seems to almost divert the mind and make you forget the craving you had to begin with.

Wednesday
    8 miles at 7.15 pace
    Thursday
    7.5 miles @ 7.20 pace.

Left knee is causing me problems and a little worry. Also heading to the doctor this evening. Feeling shi** all week since last sat and it wont go away. Need a race and its unlikely i will race sunday.
    On a plus note. I have dropped a few ibs. Not eating rubbish is working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Wednesday
    8 miles at 7.15 pace
    Thursday
    7.5 miles @ 7.20 pace.

Left knee is causing me problems and a little worry. Also heading to the doctor this evening. Feeling shi** all week since last sat and it wont go away. Need a race and its unlikely i will race sunday.

Hope it clears up for you VR.
    You have had a patchy few weeks,you were right to start doing the 20's early,you have alot of hard work done so these few off weeks should not really effect you in London !

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭dermCu

Wednesday

Just out of interest why do you say you need a race?
    You've done a good lot of quality mileage over the last few months, your knee is playing up and you don't feel full of beans.......It sounds to me like what you really need is a step back week.

Your core fitness is good and your weight is coming down so if you take the next week easy (down to ~ 50% - 60% normal mileage with no workouts) you still have enough time to get a race in and do plenty of specific marathon training. You've lost no fitness.

Think of it as a 3 for 1 deal:
    1. Your knee gets time to recover - This approach worked for me when I had recent knee issues. Granted I have no knowledge of whats wrong with you.
    2. The virus/bug gets time to clear up.
    3. You'll be fresh to start into a tough block of 6 weeks and you'll get far more out of it than going in tired.

Just a suggestion, of course you might have loads of reasons to plough on. I hope the knee/virus clear up soon.

dermCu wrote: »
    Just out of interest why do you say you need a race?
    You've done a good lot of quality mileage over the last few months, your knee is playing up and you don't feel full of beans.......It sounds to me like what you really need is a step back week.

Your core fitness is good and your weight is coming down so if you take the next week easy (down to ~ 50% - 60% normal mileage with no workouts) you still have enough time to get a race in and do plenty of specific marathon training. You've lost no fitness.

Think of it as a 3 for 1 deal:
    1. Your knee gets time to recover - This approach worked for me when I had recent knee issues. Granted I have no knowledge of whats wrong with you.
    2. The virus/bug gets time to clear up.
    3. You'll be fresh to start into a tough block of 6 weeks and you'll get far more out of it than going in tired.

Just a suggestion, of course you might have loads of reasons to plough on. I hope the knee/virus clear up soon.

4.5 miles today at 7,20 pace.

Went ot the doctor. Bug that i dont feel ful off energy. Can take anything upto 3 weeks to clear. Have it one week so we will see.
    Yes sosa a few patchy weeks. 1 20 mile weeks, followed by 2 over 70 followed by 40 this week so not all that bad.
    Have physio booked for tuesday(thank god for VHI).
    Knee is more of a worry. Got a rub on it tuesday and its tender.

I want a race to see where i am at. Dungarvan 10 miler wasnt where i am at. I know that. I dont think i would have a problem with the knee for a race. Its alot in hte head. With 8 weeks to go its starting already.

Sunday
    10km Dungrvan
    Just a tad under 38.
    Nothing worth writing that sosa didnt write. Great race as usual. Shi*e result. knee held up so all not to bad. On empty after 4 miles and i mean empty. Probaly 20 seconds behind sosa after 4 miles i reckon but i knew the writing was on the wall. A 6.25 qnd 6.22 miles to finish a 10km wasnt what the doctor ordered. It was a pb so all is not lost.
    Easy week planned this week.
    Had planned a 20 tomorrow but aint up to it

Monday
    6 miles easy am
    4 miles easy pm

Tuesday
    10 miles very easy.

Just want to wake up in hte morning with virus gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

Sunday
    10km Dungrvan
    Just a tad under 38.
    Nothing worth writing that sosa didnt write. Great race as usual. Shi*e result. knee held up so all not to bad. On empty after 4 miles and i mean empty. Probaly 20 seconds behind sosa after 4 miles i reckon but i knew the writing was on the wall. A 6.25 qnd 6.22 miles to finish a 10km wasnt what the doctor ordered. It was a pb so all is not lost.
    Easy week planned this week.
    Had planned a 20 tomorrow but aint up to it

F-it lad, it was a PB, and many here (including myself) would take s sub-38 anyday, well done!

I know ure out of sorts, but you'll bounce back quick enough.....speedy recovery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Are you still running Ballycotton on Sunday? Did you manage to get over that virus?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

Village runner are you back in Business, I just read on Sosa's log that you had a good 4mile race, well done

heffsarmy wrote: »
    Village runner are you back in Business, I just read on Sosa's log that you had a good 4mile race, well done

Thanks heff
    Wouldnt call it good.............But on the day I gave it everything as did in dungarvan ballycotton etc..........
    Put in a serious 4 days training. Got sorted tuesday. Root canal treatment. 20 mile run wednesday, 52 mile cycle thursday, 8 mile run fri with 4 in 23.18, 30 miles hard cycle. Sat over 4 hours on the bike.
    So 22.59 today was very pleasing. but i have lost quite a bit of training so time will tell. will still break 3 cos i know how to do it. See how i am in 17 days time and I will decide on pace.
    Wasnt in hte humour to keep up log with the same words every day(feeling sh***)
    In reality I havent raced a good one in 2010. Todays time isnt where i am at but after 4 long days I am thrilled. With 3.5 hours sleep last night things were not ideal. Work late and kids eating eggs at 7am is life that i signed up for and by god is it great(sometimes especially when your daughter pushes easter egg into your mouth at 7.05am)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Got sent this on from racepix365. Good times!

Advertisement