Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Poker XpertEleven League

Options
  • 05-11-2009 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

As the season ends tomorrow, I've had a look at the all teams. There are a couple of managers who haven't logged in for a while, so I'd like to know whether to include them for the new season.

Kayroo last logged in 4/10
    Boba_fett on 14/9.

A couple of others have been kicked out by the software for inactivity.

This means that there are a few vacancies for the new season. Anyone interested post here.

Any still active manager that wants to depart please post here asap so that I can set up the new season without delay.

For anyone thinking of joining, this is the link. http://www.xperteleven.com/default.aspx

It's free, good innocent fun and Real Charlton are unstoppable!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Lplate wrote: »
    Real Charlton are unstoppable!!!
    Not next season!!! Modulator United for the league!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

I'll have a go Matt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

How about a football manager league?

Edit: Sorry, not intended to de rail. Maybe mull something out in BBV

Might as well kick me. I haven't the time to even look at it these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

I'm still in. I've build a championship winning squad which is ready to take over the world next season so hopefully this kicks off pretty sharp

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If you can't even finish above me Tony you are fecked!!!!

5starpool wrote: »
    If you can't even finish above me Tony you are fecked!!!!

Team building exercise Dom. 80% of my team will increase for next season so i'll have a whole host of skill 7s, a few 8s and a 9. Just used my whole squad this season and tried the bollix out of them so i'm all good for next season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Can't wait to destroy Whyno in a few hours to wrap up the 1st Division Title :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

menoscemo wrote: »
    Can't wait to destroy Whyno in a few hours to wrap up the 1st Division Title :D

I actually am embarrassed suicidal etc etc etc aftert his defeat. Humble pie tastes like sh*t :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Lplate

Ste05 wrote: »
    Not next season!!! Modulator United for the league!!!

Tut tut. My boys in easy mode (and hungover) and they still win at your place. Modulator consigned to another season looking upwards!!

• Advertisement

I'll have a go Matt!

Sound Danny. Let things sort themselves out for a couple of days and I'll pm you.

Tut tut. My boys in easy mode (and hungover) and they still win at your place. Modulator consigned to another season looking upwards!!
    Ahh, but it wasn't my first team out either... blooding some young lads, next season we'll see... :):)

Sound Danny. Let things sort themselves out for a couple of days and I'll pm you.

PM sent.

As soon as Danny has registered I'll get the new season underway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

PM sent.

As soon as Danny has registered I'll get the new season underway.

I think i'm all done Matt!

I'm setting up the new season for next Tuesday 17th. If Carl O'Connell hasn't been in touch, or logged in, by tomorrow he'll be out. Kayroo has said above that he's out, so that will leave 15 teams in. The software decides who goes where. Good luck.

That's a bit quick!! I put a few players on sale as soon as last season was over (last saturday). they should be sold tonight which means I can't buy new players to saturday. Therefore I will not even have time for a friendly...this is all a bit rushed. No chance of putting the start of the season back another week? Please :D

I'm setting up the new season for next Tuesday 17th. If Carl O'Connell hasn't been in touch, or logged in, by tomorrow he'll be out. Kayroo has said above that he's out, so that will leave 15 teams in. The software decides who goes where. Good luck.

I'm sure we'll get another manager at least to fill the void so can you leave 16 teams in, and there will be 1 vacancy that can be filled as the season wears on? What do you mean the software decides who goes where? Do the promotions/relegations from last season not stand?
    That's a bit quick!! I put a few players on sale as soon as last season was over (last saturday). they should be sold tonight which means I can't buy new players to saturday. Therefore I will not even have time for a friendly...this is all a bit rushed. No chance of putting the start of the season back another week? Please :D

Well it serves you right for having a thin squad, full of ages hasbeens. I've played 1 friendly and have 1 scheduled against your nemesis for tomorrow. You snooze you lose. Serves you right imo!

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Well it serves you right for having a thin squad, full of ages hasbeens. I've played 1 friendly and have 1 scheduled against your nemesis for tomorrow. You snooze you lose. Serves you right imo!

Meh, I can't help that it was the only team available to take over at the end of last season....nemesis lol!! when has he ever beated me?

Flushdraw wrote: »
    I'm sure we'll get another manager at least to fill the void so can you leave 16 teams in, and there will be 1 vacancy that can be filled as the season wears on? What do you mean the software decides who goes where? Do the promotions/relegations from last season not stand?

The problem with leaving an unmanaged team in is that the games against them are worthless. If someone then takes over mid-season they'll suddenly become competitive. I'm not sure if it's fair on those that don't get to play them early. I'm open to change on it, as it won't affect me in the premier league. If the majority say let them in then that's what I'll do.

What I meant by the software sorts it out is that if there are any changes to be made as a result of the leagues going from 9 to 8 teams then it's nothing to do with league admin. To be honest, I don't know how it will be sorted from a promotion / relegation point of view. However, there is no point in having duff teams just to make up the numbers.

In fairness it won't suit me either as my main goalkeeper is on the long term injury list and I'm going away for a week on Sunday week. I'll extend it to Friday as a gesture of goodwill!!

• Advertisement

I've set the new season to start next Friday. I booted High Rises and kept The Brig, so that we have one unmanaged team available while keeping 2 leagues of 8.
    First victims at The Valley are Eagle Rovers. A tough introduction to the top flight for Flash!!
    Let battle commence. Good luck.

LOL at Barmy Army being sent back to Division 1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

LOL at Barmy Army being sent back to Division 1 :D

Have your laugh..Tis a rigged joke...Fcukers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

I just joined up.
    What's the league ID?

DeadParrot wrote: »
    I just joined up.
    What's the league ID?

Good man. The league id is 203915. Go to job vacancies and apply for The Brig.

Great..

Win my first game of the season 4-1 and i'm not even top 3. Gonna be tough this season!

Drew my first game and I'm in the relegation zone... :(

Ste05 wrote: »
    Drew my first game and I'm in the relegation zone... :(

Could be worse. Another poker mod conceded 3 goals in the first 6 mins on his way to being stuffed ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

FU Tony. I've 2 new signings to slot in next week, so hopefully they can shore up my crappy team.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    FU Tony. I've 2 new signings to slot in next week, so hopefully they can shore up my crappy team.

You did manage to get a defender in the team of the week tho, which i thought was a stroke of genius ;)

Advertisement