Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New-ish to Enniscorthy!

Options
  • 06-11-2009 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

New-ish to Scalderville.
    Have a Base in Shingan on Milehouse Rd. that I can use since 2006 but don't cross-over County Border too much (see my Handle!) & this first time this year visiting!
    Any recomendations what to do.
    Kavanaghs the Nearest Pub to Me is it? The One oposite Petitts. Or is that Doyles?
    Use-dta occasionally frequent White House as my Gran lived Opposite.
    Also Antique cos I know One of Owners (we use-dta work together for a few years start of decade).
    Need something to do.
    Is it safe-enough to cycle around the town traffic-wise during day?
    Gotta go to Kennys to get lights & where would I get a High-Vis Jacket in town?
    Anything else of interest I should take a note of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

"Use-dta occasionally frequent White House as my Gran lived Opposite."

My ma lives directly opposite. Are we related?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭johnnyboy08

Any recomendations what to do.
    Kavanaghs the Nearest Pub to Me is it? The One oposite Petitts. Or is that Doyles?
    Yeah Doyles (aka the rasher counter) is the one opposite petitts, it's a place for the more discerning gentleman, especially the bar! God only knows what you'd see in there from time to time. The lounge isn't too bad though. For an extra few minutes walk though I'd say you could head to the usual spots like Rackards or D-bar. If you like a quiet pint with a mixed crowd then Stamps in Market Sq., the Antique or Holohan's are good spots. Depends really on what crowd you like in a pub.
    Is it safe-enough to cycle around the town traffic-wise during day?
    Fair play to you going cycling in Enniscorthy with all them feckin hills. Wouldn't be too bad though heading out towards the Still on a bike though. I think there's a pub out there too where you can rehydrate the body after a cycle. You don't see that many cyclists in the town but if cycling is your thing then you could look at joining up with the slaney cycling club. if you go to Kenny's they can tell you all about it. The club usually head out for a spin every Sunday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Hayes and the Antique (for Guinness & Rugby) are my two favourites. The next best thing in the town is the railway station - the means of escape! :D

http://countywexford.blogspot.com/2009/05/hayes-pub-welcome-oasis.html

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Nialloooo

There is a squash club in town which is handyfor the winter, also i cycle a bit about town and once you follow the rules of the road its grand, if hilly, i aslo tend to head down towards wexford or frens there is a good hard sholder on both..any of the sports shops will have a hi vis jacket in them, The Pub in the Still id doyles and deafo worth a visit at only opens @ 6pm each evening dough and sunday afternoon has a pool table and dart board..the rugby club is always looking for members and good way to meet people, rowing club will start again in the spring, running club have races friday nights in the summer not sure there is a winter leauge but ask in MY Sport on castle hill and they will have info, pleanty of soccer clubs and gaa clubs to.. public pool (not that dear) & gym down buy the cinema over the old bridge (by the white house lol) think that kinda covers most of it for you.. hope it was a little help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

hey mate i am the mayor of enniscorthy hehe so i like to think hahaha anyway you ever need anything drop me a line,,,,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭FreeEnergy

Get your lights on ebay, they're about 3 euros delivered from china.
    Same for hi-vis jacket. Pennies to buy on line.

Advertisement