Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening parking near Ambassador Theatre

Options
  • 06-11-2009 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

Evening all,

I'm looking for suggestions for free parking as near as possible to the Ambassador Theatre at the top of O' Connell street, at around 9pm on a Friday/Saturday evening.

It's for the girlfriend so ideally somewhere well lit and safe (as safe as you can be in the city centre at night!) Anywhere around Parnell Square there would be perfect, but I've never seen a free space there. It's always jammers!

Any ideas are much appreciated, :)

Sam

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Try parking on Burgh Quay, safe enough and just at the end of O'Connell Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Thanks artanevilla,

Anyone else have other suggestions?

Burgh Quay is top of my list to check now anyway!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

all around mountjoy square

there used to be parking outside the rotanda and all up by parnell square.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I think the Parking all around Parnell Square is free after 8PM isn't it? thats really close to the Ambassador too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

samsamson wrote: »
    Anywhere around Parnell Square there would be perfect, but I've never seen a free space there. It's always jammers!
    If you have an extra 10 minutes or so, hang around for a bit and a space usually comes up fairly quickly (especially when visiting time is ending in the Rotunda).

There's loads of room to 'double park' at the top end while waiting. That's what I do. You could also circulate around the square until one comes up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Hardwicke Street is close by, safe and its free! But dont tell too many people ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

clearys carpark is very close by too

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Wilde86

For 4euro you can use the gate theatre car park. Just ring them up and say you want to book in for the car park. Don't mention anything about the show and they won't ask. It opens at 7pm and closes around 11pm. Other than that I'd say your best bet would be the clerys 24hour car park on cathal brugha street.

Advertisement