Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World Customer Service??

Options
  • 06-11-2009 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi,
    I just want to let people know the ordeal of getting good customer service in PC World.
    I availed of an offer in PC world last weekend. I bought an Acer emachine laptop for 280 EUR. The offer ended on monday 2nd november. I brought the laptop home, got it set up. All working fine. The next day (Monday 2nd Nov) I turn it on and all I get is a black screen with something about not being able to start up on the screen. I cant remember exactly what it said, I don't know a lot about computers so I didn't understand what it meant.

The next day I go back to PC world - an hours journey - to exchange the laptop. I had to bring the laptop to the Tech Guys who served me after a 30 minute wait!! They told me it was an unexplained hardware problem and they would exchange it for me.This was fine until they tell me the laptop I bought was sold out. The Tech Guy brought me down to the sales man who sold the laptop to me and this is where the fun started.

He told me that because the offer was over I would have to buy a laptop at full price. This was irrelevant anyway because even with the discount the laptops in store would still be more than 280 EUR. I told the salesman that it wasn't fair to expect me to pay at full price for something I only bought because it was good value etcetc he went to talk to his manager and came back with the great(?) news that I can have the offer which was 20% off laptops I think. Anyway even with this I would have to add money to it. He was very pushy at this stage and started doing figures for certain laptops, laptops costing 800 EUR and upwards. My patience was not at its best at this stage and I said to the sales man that I bought a laptop here on Sunday, It is not my fault there is a hardware problem and it is not my fault that they are out of stock.I should be entitled to a laptop. I told him I had to travel an hour to get here etc He disappeared for a while and he came back with an advent laptop for me. He knocked 120 EUR off it so I got it for 280 EUR.

This process took an hour and a half. It was very stressful and while I am happy to have a laptop, I left the store feeling exhausted and shaky. I am a laid back, non-confrontational person so this was not pleasant for me. I definitely will not be shopping in PC world again. I posted this to let people know if you stand your ground with this crowd you might actually get some customer service.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement