Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I know where I wanted to Post but...

Options
  • 06-11-2009 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Hi I have posted a new thread in After Hours that is called "A conversation with the Pope" that was moved to the Christianity forum.

I had no intention for it to be put there and believe it conforms perfectly to the After Hours charter and so did not need to be moved. I wanted it to be discussed in a light hearted way and not just from a Christian viewpoint.

Would it be possible for it to be moved back please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Hi Doc.
    I moved your thread to what I considered the correct forum for it.
    If you want to discuss the Pope surely Christianity is where to put it.

After Hours is a light hearted forum but when you bring religion into it people get riled.

There are certain posters that would drag it off the lighthearted track you want it in so it is better imo to put a stop to it before it gets out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Hi Doc,
    Do you wish to continue this post in the Christianity Forum? If not I will delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Hi Doc.
    I moved your thread to what I considered the correct forum for it.
    If you want to discuss the Pope surely Christianity is where to put it.

After Hours is a light hearted forum but when you bring religion into it people get riled.

There are certain posters that would drag it off the lighthearted track you want it in so it is better imo to put a stop to it before it gets out of hand.

To be fair that’s a pretty preemptive strike I would be pretty sure that you would not have had any complaints about it at the time you moved it and at a glance after hours is full of topics that could fit into many other forums.

The Christianity forum is all well and good but my question was for everyone and not just Christians. I also didn’t want the restrictions that are in place in that forum to be applied to my thread.

I followed the rules of After Hours and still think it should be where I originally posted it.

If people don’t follow the rules in the charter then they should be dealt with but to move it because someone might is wrong. You could say the same thing about nearly ever post in After Hours and move them all to other forums.

Should I restrict any threads I start in after hours to only be about a person or group of people I don’t like? Is that all that we can discuss in there now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Asiaprod wrote: »
    Hi Doc,
    Do you wish to continue this post in the Christianity Forum? If not I will delete it.

Thank you Asiaprod but no all I want is it to be returned to where I originally put it. If for whatever reason it is still jugged to be inappropriate for After Hours (although I still fail to see why it is as it is against nothing in the charter and AH has had many much more inflammatory threads then this) and the Christianity Forum has anything they want to say on it then no need to delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

OK will leave it in the Christianity forum for now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement