Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citylink €1 bus

Options
  • 06-11-2009 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭

I just cannot get it to work or even the option to come up on the website, i have searched every bus, at every time & feckin' nothing.:mad:

Any suggestions? Please.:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Help me Just Mary you're my only hope..........

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You have to book at least 24 hours in advance I think.

Google

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

It's not just advance booking afaik. Someone told me (so NOT gospel) that sometimes there's one or 2 seats per bus max at that price. Even still, I got frustrated one day, and tried to key in 5 or 6 different dates to test it and STILL wasn't able to get one of the 1 Euro fares.

Others on here have managed to do it successfully tho, so I dunno, but I feel your pain!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

Only works for single fares..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Only works on single fares and there are a limited number per bus. Which might be 2....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Thanks everyone for your replies. My main problems i haven't been given the option and i have key in every possible combination on every bus on a few given days and the option doesn't even come up & its very frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Single fares, and I found you needed to be 2 days in advance to be sure of it working. It does come up as an option just above the Standard Single fare though.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

its horsesh*t, i tried the few days before yesterday, ended up paying €14 return student, still cheaper than go bus but the whole campaign is false advertisment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

I've tried and tried to get it, on loads of different dates, loads and loads of times, single & return journeys. I think it's a load of b********t. I think it's a marketing scam, and doesn't exist.
    Saying that, paying €10 to get to Dublin is still pretty reasonable.
    But i hate the fact they're making a HUGE fuss about €1 fares, and I've totally failed to get one, or even hear about someone who's friend MIGHT have managed to get one, once.
    And i don't like the lack of clarity in their website either.

Kinda had it meself with Citylink. Gobus is worth the tenner, and 99% of time leave and get there as per schedule or before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Meself and herself got €1 single each to Dublin last week, for a new, double-decker Citylink bus that left at half ten in the morning. Didn't go off the motorway once but we did go into the city - Port Tunnel - airport. They even lifted our bags onto the bus for us, great service. Came back for €5 each. Some deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,491 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

That's the shoplifters bus !

Double decker?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Belmono

Hi all
    I finally decided to register, having read so much useful info over the last few months. I was trying to find these low-low fares, and rang Citylink up to complain. Basically, the low fares do not come up after you put in the route and date. You actually have to pick a time, go through to the 'Please enter a number of passengers (sic)', eg adult - 1 and also down in the 'Total number of passengers'.
    Click 'continue' and it's only on the next screen that the option of 'Super singles' appears (if available).
    The Super Singles never appear on the second page - it's something they admit should not appear there.
    Hope you find the fares you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

this must be very frustrating for every Anto who wants to come west for basically nothing and rob us blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Donny_

Everyone thinks gobus is expensive now, but what did citylink have us payin before they came along? On the bus now, 'tis great :D

Belmono wrote: »
    Hi all
    I finally decided to register, having read so much useful info over the last few months. I was trying to find these low-low fares, and rang Citylink up to complain. Basically, the low fares do not come up after you put in the route and date. You actually have to pick a time, go through to the 'Please enter a number of passengers (sic)', eg adult - 1 and also down in the 'Total number of passengers'.
    Click 'continue' and it's only on the next screen that the option of 'Super singles' appears (if available).
    The Super Singles never appear on the second page - it's something they admit should not appear there.
    Hope you find the fares you want!

Yup, did all that, bus still no joy the oh maybe 4 times I tried.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Tried getting this last week two days in advance. Also tried poking around with the options. Couldn't get it. Ended up going with GoBus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

wont be long till citylink are competing for the derry route

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I have booked tickets for next weekend, out to Letterfrack, had to do singles, got the e1 tickets each way :) Never managed it with only 2 days prior to travel, always done it a few days in advance

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

thecivvie wrote: »
    I have booked tickets for next weekend, out to Letterfrack,

Have Citylink advertised that the E1 tickets are available on all their routes? I've only seen ads for Dublin/Galway, but have seen E1-tickets on Galway/Cork too .... wondering if I've missed something.

They seem to be available for most routes, was shocked when I picked up an e1 for a trip out to Letterfrack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Oh really? I tried to book few tickets few days ago and the sale seemed to be gone.. No €1 tickets for any route. :(

I booked my tickets as singles, does not work with returns. I booked Sunday for this coming Saturday out and the following Tuesday back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,032 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

My missus got her seat to Shannon last Saturday for 1Euro.

Where the hell is the Euro sign on this keyboard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

My missus got her seat to Shannon last Saturday for 1Euro.
    Seems like super singles are €5 now only when I try to book them...:D

ALT + U

I found that AltGR+4 gives the € sign :)

Still €5 is better than €14

• Registered Users Posts: 6,032 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

€€€€ Thanks guys €€€€

CTRL + ALT + 4 = €

• Advertisement

Option+2 on me little mac :)

Advertisement