Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College IRC server

• 06-11-2009 6:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭

What ever happened to the old IRC servers we used to have in the college? #netsoc, #intersocs etc

I know compsoc/netsoc is no more, but surely others have come in to replace them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

what server did it run on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

netsoc had its own server in the glass room on the 3rd floor LRC. everything was run off that.

the intersocs one could possibly still be going, but we connected to that also thru the netsoc box. there was ppl from trinity, ucd, gmit on it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

The_B_Man wrote: »
    What ever happened to the old IRC servers we used to have in the college? #netsoc, #intersocs etc

I know compsoc/netsoc is no more, but surely others have come in to replace them?

Let it go, let it go.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

All thoses servers and services migrate away from the college as the societys change/died. Unless there is a new netsoc/compsoc that are running it there will be no irc server by default.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement