Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE W995 or LG Arena

• 06-11-2009 8:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi all.
    Trying to decide which to upgrade to. Main functuionality looking for are good video and decent music.

Have an SE C902 and generally quite happy with it but pain is not being able to get vids onto a disc without having to buy a file converter. Never used an LG so unfamiliar.
    Is music on LG decent?
    Know it has TV output which helps but what about putting on disc?
    Believe vid quality on Arena is far better W995?

any views appreciated.

B

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

What do you mean by having to buy a file converter to get vids onto a disk? Sorry, it might be too early for me to understand.
    Do you mean to burn disks of vids shot with the phone? You could probably spend the rest of your life just playing with all the freeware available to do that...
    Or do you mean getting vids onto the phone to watch?
    Either way...
    Even if you had to shell out for a converter - which you don't -, I wouldn't base my decision on that.
    The 2 phones are very different in form factor and OS...there's gotta be more to it? What else do you do/need the phone for?

Ok, tbh, I just posted this to help you get replies from others, cause neither of those 2 are anywhere on my list :)

PS: all I know from various reviews is that the w995 allegedly has an underwhelming cam; on the other hand it's music output probably wipes the floor with the LG - it just one mobile of the year in category audio... And back to the cam: yep, the LG does divx...but it's still a phone cam...I doubt you'll see a difference between an Arena's divx footage, and another phone's video recording that you convert to divx using a free program such as IVC...

Sorry, now over to s.o. who used both those phones :)
    G'luck with the buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

I have a c902 and I think its music capabilities are pretty good
    its nice and slim with a good camera
    i wont upgrade til it breaks
    i know u have ur reasons tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 bwg66

Sorry. Not explaining properly - not techi.
    Looking for easy way to burn vids taken with my phone to cd/DVD so that I can play them on my TV rather than my pc. So need to convert to avi or mov, etc.. Most of the packages I found have to be purchased. You mentioned ivc. Is it free? Can I have a link? What other software have you used?

I believe Arena music is probably about as good as C902 if not 995 but that is good enough for me.
    So if Arena camera is better than W995 and also gives me a TV out option and a UI more in line with an iPhone then I'd probably go with the Arena.

Finaly question, for the TV out do you know whether this means you can play
    pics & vids or just pics on your TV.

Thanks
    B

Sorry,
    IVC= 'Internet Video Converter'

It's free, and though the UI is pretty uninspired, it has yet to fail me...it converts pretty much everything to everything else...it'll even tackle unfinished torrent files, and though it cannot 'complete' them LOL, it makes them 'watchable... You can also download embedded net videos (thus the name)....
    It should do the trick - I've used it to convert N95 vids to divx etc...

http://download.cnet.com/IVC-Internet-Video-Converter-Standard/3000-2194_4-10687908.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement