Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo: Reach screenshots leaked

• 06-11-2009 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

11537_324581430726_540780726_9650155_7522683_n.jpg
    11537_324580745726_540780726_9650148_6957784_n.jpg
    11537_324580220726_540780726_9650143_2654986_n.jpg
    11537_324538465726_540780726_9649592_5890119_n.jpg
    11537_324534965726_540780726_9649502_8378400_n.jpg
    11537_324536110726_540780726_9649509_6458696_n.jpg
    11537_324540340726_540780726_9649607_2929752_n.jpg
    Campaign:
    Elites - Better than monkeys!
    Privacy - potential drop in, drop out co-op multiplayer

Weapons:
    New Needler-based Heavy Weapon - Looks like a Covenant version of the Spartan Laser!
    BR - It's back with a new look!
    AR - Same old, MLG favourite!
    Needler - Now with more pink!
    Laser - Red eye again!

:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I Heart Halo

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

hmmm...looks pretty much the same as the last 3 Halo games (Halo 2/Halo 2.5& Halo ODST).....over leveraged brand with nothing new.....more looking forward to Modern warfare 2, bioshock 2, mass effect 2, Alan Wake etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

RAIN wrote: »
    I Heart Halo

I icon_wub.gif Halo. I am literally gay for Halo.
    markfla wrote: »
    hmmm...looks pretty much the same as the last 3 Halo games (Halo 2/Halo 2.5& Halo ODST).....over leveraged brand with nothing new.....more looking forward to Modern warfare 2, bioshock 2, mass effect 2, Alan Wake etc.

You can tell all that from blurry screenshots of an unfinished game?! Your powers of deduction are amazing!
    And anyway you can actually tell even from those shots the graphics look much improved. And if youre talking bout re-hashes you really shouldnt bring up MW2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

If fairness to ODST (I was a bit disappointed with it too), but it was only designed to be an add-on / mission pack type spin off from Halo 3 and not a full price release. It was probably the powers that be at Microsoft who thought that it would be a good idea (cash cow) to release it as a full retail release.

Shame, because as DLC or a cheapy mission pack it would have been OK.

Can't say I see much new in these screens though, but they're early enough so there's plenty of time to add something really new to the game, to refresh / reboot it after Halo 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

New game engine apparently:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378966

Even from the blurry shots, it looks like a noticeable improvement over the last engine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hmm, I didn't know 'Reach' was a FPS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks like Halo. In other words another lesson in generic first person shooter 101.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I am shocked, retr0. Wading into a Halo thread to voice your disapproval. Its not like you! :pac:

On-topic: Not really interested in this just yet. They are going to have to do more to make this a purchase for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Looks like Halo. In other words another lesson in generic first person shooter 101.
    *yawn*

Took longer than expected Retro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It does look a fair bit better than 3/ODST there, even through those blurry images.

About time they got a new engine, lazy buggers! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

0ubliette wrote: »
    And if youre talking bout re-hashes you really shouldnt bring up MW2...

A rehash of a game that was far far better in my personal oppinion than any of the Halo games, Just an oppinion...I'll still probably still get it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 padraig61091

who cares halo is amazingly cr*p i didnt even bother playing odst becaus halo 3 was an epic heap o sh*t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Does it really only take slight graphical updates to excite people these days.

I enjoy playing the campaigns co-op in a LAN but other than that I find them pretty mediocre and never really understood the hype.

About the best thing I can say for them is that they are rock solid, I cant ever remember encountering a bug in one.

Still if it has a decent campaign I'd get it for the LAN action on legendary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

All the same negatives can be applied to Modern Warfare infact I would bet that next Tuesday we will have folks branding MW2 with meh grenades and Probably rightly so.

It can't be that bad a game, it is still no1 on Xbox Live nearly 3 years after release.
    This looks deadly, I am in a very physical relationship with the spartan lazer as it is, so the new look is doing it for me on all sorts of wrong levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Oh no, please let's not get into some Modern Warfare versus Halo (which will inevitably breakdown into a PS3 versus Xbox rant).

Yes, Halo's formula is getting a bit long in the tooth. I thought ODST was a solid but overly familiar campaign, saved by one or two memorable battles (a not so memorable scarab encounter) and some great voice acting. Other than that, firefight could have been released as a stand alone add-on to Halo 3 for a tenner.

I think the Halo/Bungee philosophy is "if you build it, they will come".

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

0ubliette wrote: »
    I icon_wub.gif Halo. I am literally gay for Halo.

Surely Gaylo is the word your looking for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

mayordenis wrote: »
    Surely Gaylo is the word your looking for?

As gay(-lo) as the story and campaign are, Halo 3 is my favorite multiplayer game in history....

I like COD 4 aswell, but I dont think the MP has a patch on Halo's, but thats my opinion, and opinions are like ar$eholes, we all have them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Retr0gamer wrote: »

And I can't ****ing wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Where'd you find these btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Could never get into the whole Halo thing. The story just never caught my imagination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Could never get into the whole Halo thing. The story just never caught my imagination.
    Theres a story? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Played 30 minutes of the halo 3 campaign, couldn't stop comparing the feeling to a low fibre monday. Multiplayer is quite fun but i soon got sick of the screaming 12 year olds.

This looks the same a 3/ODST, Bungie have to move away from the "If it ain't broken don't fix it" frame of mind and realize that while it may not be broken it DOES eventually get old and outdated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

i dont like halo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mmmmm, I get warm joy joy feelings looking at this one!
    Can't wait!
    I have to say, only a fool with too much money plays a Halo game on normal and thinks he's seen it all so trades it in, they are fantastic on Heroic!
    I am probably preaching to the converted but, well, you know, some don't get it!

So, when is this pencilled in for launch?
    Autumn 2010?
    Shouldn't there be a Gears Of War 3 around then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Can't wait!
    I have to say, only a fool with too much money plays a Halo game on normal and thinks he's seen it all so trades it in, they are fantastic on Heroic!
    I am probably preaching to the converted but, well, you know, some don't get it!

Autumn 2010?
    I cant tell if theres sarcasm here or not :confused::confused:
    nnnnnnnneeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaa................*head explodes*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Wait a second, the story is set in the future where we're fighting against aliens using spaceships and big-ass lasers and it doesn't capture your imagination? Jesus man, what do you usually think about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Last I heard, GOW 3 might not be seen for a long time. I think the official line was "waiting for the next generation of consoles".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

AdMMM wrote: »
    big-ass lasers

Thats another thing, the guns are awful to say the least

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,385 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Screenshots look good. Do you play as the chief in this one again? I know he's not the only spartan in it this time around.

As for criticism of Halo, i see where it's coming from, halo 1 - 3 are essentially the same game, but if it aint broken dont fix it, and i think its wrth playing for the story line alone. Still, would be nice if they change it up a bit for this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Can't wait!

Autumn 2010?

i read somewhere that gears of war 3 is going to come out for the next generation of game console, what ever comes out after the 360

Advertisement