Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is there to do in TRALEE??

Options
  • 06-11-2009 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

hi, im headin to tralee next tuesday, wednesday and thursday night. goin down with the girlfriend and our one year old. i just need to know where to shop, where to eat, and basically whats to do down there???? i dont mind travelling a bit as ill have the car. thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Great beaches nearby; Banna, Ballyheigue, and Barrow on one side of the town, and then Derrymore and beyond that again to the Maharees on the other side of the town(follow the signs for Blennerville/Castlegregory). Fenit is also quite scenic, and has a long pier which makes for a nice walk. Tralee itself also has a lovely town park with a nice playground; you access this via Denny street; which is in the town centre.Killarney isn't a million miles away either and the National park there is just stunning.

And the best thing is that everything I listed above is not only beautiful, but free:)

The town itself is pretty well equipped, as in you'll find everything that you need there. Lots of shops in the centre of town, as well as 'Manor West' which is on the outskirts of town, which is your typical retail park type place complete with large Tesco.

For a quick tasty bite the Grand hotel is pretty good, as is 'Il Pomodoro'; neither will break the bank. Mozarts is a lovely cafe which is good for coffees and snacks. There are plenty of nice pubs in Tralee also, but stay at the town end of the town(i.e where the shops are).

If you do head out to Banna/Ballyheigue, Kate Brownes in Ardfert is a nice pub serving food which is worth stopping into. The Spa in the Ballingarry hotel is excellent too; if your partner feels like spoiling herself!

I'm afraid I can't recommend a really good top end restuarant as I generally don't go in for that when I'm home; but tbh a lot of them are over-rated anyway.

I hope this is in someway helpful; Enjoy your break:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

thanks very much MadameRazz. u have been most helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

There's a nice little French bistro too beside the courthouse, can't remember the name which has a great wine selection too. Nice for lunch or even dinner (fri and sat only maybe).

Advertisement