Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where can I find santa?

• 06-11-2009 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a 1 year old and would like to bring them to see Santa, not looking for the caves or bunratty. Way too expensive for a one year old (kids €24, adults €13 - just to bring your child in!!!)

Just want regular santa, get pic and present etc.

Anywhere like this? Anybody with a big shed that would set it up as a grotto, loads of money to be made!!!! I have rakes of friends with small kids who are looking for the same!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I'd assume they'll have one in Dunnes and Tesco. You'd probably get a more elaborate one in Brown Thomas with a proper set and elves and stuff in Limerick but a one year old isn't going to know the difference anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭masalbeagdubh

Brought my 1 year old to the Lions Club Santa in Ennis last year. They set up a little hut outside the Ulster Bank. We got two lovely photos and it only cost a fiver. It was the Saturday before Christmas so I`m sure they will do it again this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭blueshark22

maiden wrote: »
    Hi all, I have a 1 year old and would like to bring them to see Santa, not looking for the caves or bunratty. Way too expensive for a one year old (kids €24, adults €13 - just to bring your child in!!!)

Anywhere like this? Anybody with a big shed that would set it up as a grotto, loads of money to be made!!!! I have rakes of friends with small kids who are looking for the same!

If you wait a month ...like normal people... you'll fine him everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

maiden wrote: »

Would cost a fortune to get insurance for such a venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

PLEASE ,PLEASE PLEASE,I BEG ,I'M PLEADING ,
    LOCK THIS THREAD FOR AT LEAST A MONTH.
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Mikey Carr had a Santa Grotto a few years ago, not sure if he is doing it this year. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

But sure a 1 year old wouldn't know the difference between Santa and Shep. Wait until he/she is another year I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shurtisonlyme

Hi everyone,
    I just posted this on another thread (about visiting Santa) then saw this thread. I know you asked about a 1-year old visiting Santa but just to let you know that I signed up for 7.95 to a website supporting the Laura Lynn foundation (all profits go to this charity, set up by the inspirational Jane & Brendan McKenna) where "Santa" texts my child 3 times between now & Christmas including Xmas eve (yes, I know your average 1 year old probably can't read or use a mobile phone!). I got the first text over the weekend & it's brilliant - drove him wild with excitement - it came from "Santa", not an actual phone no - brilliant!! It mentioned my son by name & that he was seen by an elf at his school last week - his school name was also mentioned to make it more realistic (on signing up, I had to fill out a form with some details like name, age, name of school, where we live). You can also buy a DVD for e15/20 or thereabouts where Santa records himself speaking to your child on DVD & mentions their friends, hobbies apparently. I haven't done this yet but am definitely going to! I'm not sure if I'm allowed mention the website but it's for charity so hopefully am not breaking any rules - its www.hohoho.ie

Advertisement