Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodworking Workshop

Options
  • 06-11-2009 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Bit of a long shot but is there anywhere in Dublin where I could go to use a Lathe? Like a workshop that I could pay to use by the hour? Bit of a long shot. Don't know if anything like this even exists.
    Any boardsies in the capital that would let me use theres for a fee?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Might help if you explained a bit more what you want to do as you might get a better chnace of a reply if you let it be known if you have any expereince using a lathe and what you actually want to turn?

Is it just so you can have a go and see what its like or do you have a specific project in mind?

Would you buy your own lathe but lack either the space or the money?

Do you have your any of your own tools or would consider buying some if you had access to a lathe to use?

Then there is a possible issue with insurance - you can easily do some very dangerous stuff with a lathe, I know I've got the T-shirt (with rips and blood stains) ;)

Advertisement