Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Closure Tools

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

The complier (optimizer) sounds interesting if a bit weird. How does it check type in a typeless language ?

What benefits does this give over something like jquery ?

Honestly? I haven't a clue. Hopefully I'll know more by Monday.

So whats the verdict - just another javascript library or the next big thing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

emmmm....interesting. But is it worth it?

Google doesn't seem to be bothered about fixing up their own google analytics code. I mean they work but they are not valid.

Haven't actually gotten a chance to play with it yet, but I don't think there's anything life altering in there. I've added it to my to do list in the not urgent/not important quadrant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

I had a little read. It mentioned full javascript templates:rolleyes:. Doesn't sound good. What about the users with no javascript. They can't see anything.

It's also on my to do list. Nothing big.....may come back to it in ...... 2 yrs:confused:.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Getting some pretty negative criticism. I think I'll give it a miss.

Cheers lads - doesnt sound great. I'll stick to go old jquery - if it aint broke.....

Advertisement