Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UGG Thread - Read first post BEFORE posting [Updated 17/11/2010]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Where getting the Kensington Uggs in Fitzpatricks soon, ugg delivery will be in the next week or 2. They wont be at those American prices though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Where getting the Kensington Uggs in Fitzpatricks soon, ugg delivery will be in the next week or 2. They wont be at those American prices though!

How much?

PlayGirl wrote: »
    How much?

I would say about 300 or so, ill find out for you later. I have not seen it yet but looking at the picture its a much stronger boot than the regular ones and is probably made in Australia or New Zealand. The classics are made in China but are not of the same quality of the heavier winter models, i.e ultra, sundance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

got a pair of bearpaw ones today in tk maxx - good qualite and very comfy :)
    and only €55 :D

Nice price :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know where I can buy Emu Boots in a shop in Dublin or Kerry??
    I don't want to buy them online because I want to try them on first and I'm not sure which size will fit me....

Thanks
    DQ

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Swine Flu

bailys buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭brian2614

Folks

G/F's birthday in 3 weeks and she is lookin for ugg boots(the short ankle 1's)

Any ideas where to buy,either in a real shop or online(cheapest place possible as I am skint at the mo)

Am based in Waterford

Thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

There are a million threads about Uggs including the sticky on them, if you do a search. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭brian2614

Had a look at that sticky,but all that's in it is info on sites that sell fakes!

Any other ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Threads merged.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

brian2614 wrote: »
    Folks

Any ideas where to buy,either in a real shop or online(cheapest place possible as I am skint at the mo)

Am based in Waterford

Thanks...

i got mine on nordstrom.com, came to a total of €150ish including all taxes and charges and duties and shipping. however i think it took more than 3 weeks to get them, possibly 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

Folks

Am based in Waterford

Thanks...

I got mine from someone called authenticfashion4u (or something similar) on ebay. They cost €140 delivered and I'm very happy that they're real. It was about 2 and a half weeks from when I ordered them to when I got them.

My sisters got them from a website called Cloggs. They came quicker and cost bout €160. It's UK based so you wouldn't have to worry about being cuaght for customs tax.

If you'd prefer not to get them online if there are any Schuchs or Offices in Waterford they would most likely have them for €180.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Hi. I just saw this thread and I can't resist but tell you what I think...

Uggs=Ughhh

I work in town and pretty much every girl I see has a pair of these, they are the most common sight ever. Every time I see a girl in these I just think of a flock of sheep following each other off a cliff....

Why on earth do you want something that nearly every other girl in the country is wearing? Ever hear of a bit of originality, or are you just a sucker for brand names ??

Seriously, they are grand boots but common as dirt.

cojomo2 wrote: »

Uggs=Ughhh

I work in town and pretty much every girl I see has a pair of these, they are the most common sight ever. Every time I see a girl in these I just think of a flock of sheep following each other off a cliff....

Why on earth do you want something that nearly every other girl in the country is wearing? Ever hear of a bit of originality, or are you just a sucker for brand names ??

I don't think anyone asked for your opinion, the thread is about help for choosing Uggs- we are all big girls here and can make our own minds up thanks.

Magenta wrote: »
    I don't think anyone asked for your opinion, the thread is about help for choosing Uggs- we are all big girls here and can make our own minds up thanks.

evidently not- this is my exact point. Don't mean to insult any1, its just my opinion which I wanted to share.

Magenta wrote:
    can make our own minds up thanks.
    evidently not- this is my exact point. Don't mean to insult any1, its just my opinion which I wanted to share.

I'm glad you think you and your opinion are so important and you know better than everyone else, but nobody asked for your opinion so why don't you go and find an I-hate-Uggs thread and preach there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Uggs=Ughhh

who cares? :rolleyes::confused:

they are the most comfortable footwear ive ever owned. i couldnt care less if every other person in the world owned them.

jellie wrote: »
    who cares? :rolleyes::confused:

they are the most comfortable footwear ive ever owned. i couldnt care less if every other person in the world owned them.

We are so stupid Jellie. We're not walking in the light, like some others! :rolleyes:

fair enough so, enjoy them:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Magenta wrote: »
    We are so stupid Jellie. We're not walking in the light, like some others! :rolleyes:
    ah now there's no need to be too hard on yourselves :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Can we keep this in topic please. Comojo, this is not a thread asking on opinions on Ugg boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Flat pumps, there are every bit as common as Uggs & if not more so, they come in a range of different colours and all that & still all look the same to me, people wear them by choice & chose the ones they like. Trainers... mainly all white they sell in, all look the same and common with trouser legs over them.

Uggs, they come in every colour as well & different styles, why they look so common is cos the tall chestnut ones are the most versitile and most favoured and people only every seem to notice them for that reason, then brand everyone as a "sheep", if people stopped and looked around they'd see purple cardy uggs, short grey uggs, bailey button uggs etc trotting around.

Me as ugly as Uggs are I am not gonna slag them off like mad and post some rant on my hate for them & why.. yes they are Ugly but unlike the flats sold everywhere I can walk around in them, comfortably & NOT feel every chipping and god knows what piercing up through the soles of them, they keep my feet warm, unlike trainers I'm getting more last from the uggs, they don't sweat my feet as much, unlike heels I can get around the shops effortlessy, ....... and yes there is loads more footwear I can compare them to but I ent gonna bother, the Uggs win hands down for comfort and I must have over 100 other pairs of footwear here.

Ye can all make what ye think of that but that's my views on em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭ronaldoshaky

Flat pumps, there are every bit as common as Uggs & if not more so, they come in a range of different colours and all that & still all look the same to me, people wear them by choice & chose the ones they like. Trainers... mainly all white they sell in, all look the same and common with trouser legs over them.

Uggs, they come in every colour as well & different styles, why they look so common is cos the tall chestnut ones are the most versitile and most favoured and people only every seem to notice them for that reason, then brand everyone as a "sheep", if people stopped and looked around they'd see purple cardy uggs, short grey uggs, bailey button uggs etc trotting around.

Me as ugly as Uggs are I am not gonna slag them off like mad and post some rant on my hate for them & why.. yes they are Ugly but unlike the flats sold everywhere I can walk around in them, comfortably & NOT feel every chipping and god knows what piercing up through the soles of them, they keep my feet warm, unlike trainers I'm getting more last from the uggs, they don't sweat my feet as much, unlike heels I can get around the shops effortlessy, ....... and yes there is loads more footwear I can compare them to but I ent gonna bother, the Uggs win hands down for comfort and I must have over 100 other pairs of footwear here.

Ye can all make what ye think of that but that's my views on em!

My grandmother wore something like Uggs. When I see young women wearing them, I think it makes them look older? As opposed to being stylish?

My grandmother wore something like Uggs. When I see young women wearing them, I think it makes them look older? As opposed to being stylish?

So by wearing something on your feet it makes you look older ........ quick if your 14 & want to buy alcohol buy Uggs lol

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mary28

I don't think any of us are under the illusion that Uggs make our feet look sexy. They are pure comfort, sheepskin lined big fat looking boots. And yes they are also a total fad at the moment. But there's always fads going on and it's nice that they're comfortable flat boots rather than stilleto or platform heels that are bad for our feet.
    I have to say I resisted the Uggs for a long, long time but there's a reason they are so popular. Their biggest downside is I have to take them off to go to bed.
    I would now like a pair of sheepskin socks please.

Mary28 wrote: »
    I would now like a pair of sheepskin socks please.

ohhh me likes yar way of thinking lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Do what I did and get Ugg slippers as well as Ugg boots. Best purchase ever, they are just as warm and comfy as the boots. I got the Dakota in Chestnut

http://www.uggaustralia.com/ProductDetails.aspx?gID=w&productID=5612&model=Dakota

Expensive for slippers but I got them as a present, they have a proper sole and would last a lot longer than your average slipper. You can wear them out to put the bins out or what ever or even down to pick up the milk :-)

I also resisted for a long time then my bf got me the Chestnut Bailey Button and I have never looked back. Nothing like being able to put them on a Saturday after wearing heels all week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Bambi86

Has anyone seen the over the knee uggs?????

any thoughts? Im very unsure!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

any pics of the over the knee?!

Advertisement