Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea's Transfer Ban Suspended.

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Bubs101 wrote: »
    A contract he didn't sign. Bollox to that. If I had the talent to play for one of the best clubs in the world and make more money and I was told I couldn't sign because of a contract I never signed I would not be a happy Kakuta

Well if there's no contact there is no problem.

If he had no contract I can't see how fifa intervened, what fifa did was then illegal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I can't see anything wrong in what we did. The French and the Belgiums are sickening in their attitudes signing up hordes of Africans only to let the majority loose in the streets who don't make the grade with no help at all and let's not mention Man Utd exploiting Italian laws that stop contracts being offered before someone turns 18

You can't compare doing something illegal (what Chelsea did) and doing something legal (which United did). Are you honestly saying that if the law was the same in England as it is in Italy that Roma and Juventus wouldn't take excellent youngsters?

Chelsea, for me, are a classless club. Have been since Roman and Kenyon (now departed) rolled into Stamford Bridge. More importantly, their 'new' fans think now that they have money they can do no wrong. That's an opinion, it's not me trying to rise anyone or incite anything.

There's a right and a wrong way about doing things. Chelsea did it the wrong way judging by what the authorities sanctioned.

Oh and with regards to the French and Belgian 'sickening attitudes' - if big clubs didn't buy these players (making smaller clubs profit) then maybe they wouldn't bring all these players over? So there's no chance of pointing the finger at these smaller clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

mayordenis wrote: »
    Well if there's no contact there is no problem.

If he had no contract I can't see how fifa intervened, what fifa did was then illegal?

There is a contract but he never signed it.
    You can't compare doing something illegal (what Chelsea did) and doing something legal (which United did). Are you honestly saying that if the law was the same in England as it is in Italy that Roma and Juventus wouldn't take excellent youngsters?

Chelsea, for me, are a classless club. Have been since Roman and Kenyon (now departed) rolled into Stamford Bridge. More importantly, their 'new' fans think now that they have money they can do no wrong. That's an opinion, it's not me trying to rise anyone or incite anything.

There's a right and a wrong way about doing things. Chelsea did it the wrong way judging by what the authorities sanctioned..

That's fair enough, opinion is an opinion
    Oh and with regards to the French and Belgian 'sickening attitudes' - if big clubs didn't buy these players (making smaller clubs profit) then maybe they wouldn't bring all these players over? So there's no chance of pointing the finger at these smaller clubs.

However you really need to read up on this or at least understand it. They don't buy these players, they take them, and then release most of them on the street with no way of getting back to their families and homeland. It's outrageous and I'd have far more sympathy if the "victim" wasn't a French team. Their transfer policies when it comes to young African kids are nothing but disgusting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

However you really need to read up on this or at least understand it. They don't buy these players, they take them, and then release most of them on the street with no way of getting back to their families and homeland. It's outrageous and I'd have far more sympathy if the "victim" wasn't a French team. Their transfer policies when it comes to young African kids are nothing but disgusting

I have read up on it. I've read a few articles from journalists, the last being in FourFourTwo as far as I can remember. What I mean is, there's no point any club playing innocent when you buy these players off Lens, Lokeren or whoever. Look at it this way - French club brings over players from Africa (illegally) because they know that if they bring over 30 of them, then at least 1 is going to make it and they can then sell them on to a bigger club.

The bigger clubs should at least know where this player comes from and in most cases they do but keep schtum about it. So many of the big clubs are involved in it, whether its as parent clubs or whatever. But if it's going to be stopped then the major clubs in Europe are also going have to put a stop to it. It doesn't just lie with Belgian and French clubs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

mayordenis wrote: »
    Not true, you were made an example of because of such a ridiculously arrogant show of disrespect for smaller clubs.
    Wow, seriously your cleverer than this. WE ARE THE EXAMPLE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

A contract he didn't sign. Bollox to that. If I had the talent to play for one of the best clubs in the world and make more money and I was told I couldn't sign because of a contract I never signed I would not be a happy Kakuta
    Great example i heard here.

Your son plays tennis very well. you want to nurture this talent and send him to the best schools there is possible for tennis. Obv you go to them to be the best you can (normal)

Your son plays football, has serious talent and lets say he is at Lens. Chelsea, one of the biggest clubs/teams in football come in for you. Obv you go to them to be the best you can BAN!)

Tis bollocks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

CHD wrote: »
    Great example i heard here.

Your son plays tennis very well. you want to nurture this talent and send him to the best schools there is possible for tennis. Obv you go to them to be the best you can (normal)

Your son plays football, has serious talent and lets say he is at Lens. Chelsea, one of the biggest clubs/teams in football come in for you. Obv you go to them to be the best you can BAN!)

Tis bollocks.
    Difference being that you pay to go to the posh tennis schools but a club pays you to play football for them be it in the form of wages or in training and facilities.

You can't compare an individual sport to team-based club football. He went to Lens to be the best he can long before he went to Chelsea to be the best he can. Lens invested in him and then didn't get anything back for their investment.

So no, not such a great example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

CHD wrote: »
    When your David Villa your not getting dropped. Would he not get in if he stayed in la liga and got injured and missed a few months? Of course he would move.

But the facts time and time again have shown David Villa coming out and saying his number 1 choice would be to stay at Valencia. Valencia are strong enough financially to hold onto him until the summer (then he'll leave). David Villa has then said his 2nd choice would be Barcelona, and finally he said worst come to worst he wants to stay in Spain, he doesn't really care about Chelsea/ Man Utd. I reckon even though Barca are his favourite transfer option, it'll be Madrid that get him in the summer, but I GUARANTEE he won't leave at Christmas, and even after that, he won't be in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

eZe^ wrote: »
    I reckon even though Barca are his favourite transfer option,

Good point, Barca would love to snap him up especially with Thierry Henry entering the closing stages of his career.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Difference being that you pay to go to the posh tennis schools but a club pays you to play football for them be it in the form of wages or in training and facilities.

You can't compare an individual sport to team-based club football. He went to Lens to be the best he can long before he went to Chelsea to be the best he can. Lens invested in him and then didn't get anything back for their investment.

So no, not such a great example.

No, he went to Lens to play football because they wanted him. His mum then sold him to the club. **** that. My mum was a bitch and I'd hate to think that she could've forced me to stay in something I didn't want to do because she signed a contract. Child slavery

Advertisement