Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please recommend Printer & All In One

• 06-11-2009 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a few stand alone printers and all in ones for home / home office use. I don't think I'm mad about ink jet printers with the higher maintenance and lower quality than laser. I've had a HP CM1015 multi purpose and a cheapo HP flatbed scanner but found them very slow at scanning and seem to slow down the pc a lot. A4 printing is sufficient. Mostly document scanning & printing. Very occasional picture scanning. Picture printing hardly ever.

Please recommend some good value colour laser printers and multi function machines.

Windows XP / Vista / 7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

HP laserjet 1600c

I've had one for nearly 3 years, no complaints.
    It comes with 'starter' cartridges, which AFAIR are ~25% full.

A full set of original cartridges is ~€340 (more than the printer) but will do a lot of mileage.

'Compatibles' ~€260 for a full set, work just fine.

All in one: I'd say don't bother.
    I've never seen one that was any good.
    Just get a separate document scanner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

Are you sure it's a laserjet and not deskjet HP 1600C? My preference is for laser and just forget about cartridge replacement for a very long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

nazoil wrote: »
    Are you sure it's a laserjet and not deskjet HP 1600C? My preference is for laser and just forget about cartridge replacement for a very long time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_printer
    Toner is needed for most laserjets.
    Theres not many modern printers that dont have considerable consumeable costs sadly.

Advertisement