Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a solicitor

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Sparks wrote: »
    Yup, but now we've crossed over into the territory where the Gardai regulate sports...

And they're not ? If they're not, who is regulating the pistol sports ? Practical Shooting was discontinued at the ministers/DOJ's behest. Therefore, is it such a leap to "ban" all types of shooting with C/F pistols ? In reality it has already happened with the "ban" on 'new' C/F licences for pistols and all the refusals we are reading about here for same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

There was a question mark :p

Just that it seems the "good reason" lads are offering, namely club membership & attendance, is not acceptable to some CS's :rolleyes:

Therefore, are we to assume competitions is a "good reason" and the only "good reason" was my point ?

Why can't you plink or as you say shoot tin cans with a C/F ?
    Bunny, I go to the trouble of writing this stuff and you won't even read it :rolleyes:

There are two requirements in the act for a restricted firearm. I wrote two seperate posts dealing with what to do if you are refused on either one. The first of which was on 'good reason'.

The second was 'appropriate for the purpose'.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Slug chucker

RRPC,
    First of all I’d like to thank you for taking the time to explain the firearms acts and the way they are being applied in the pre-refusal letters and refusal letters. Sorry if people don’t agree with me on the concept of per-refusal letters as this is how they worked out for me and everybody I know in my district with CF pistols.
    These are the type of posts that are very valuable at the moment, there isn’t much clarity out there.
    I must add, I’ve been to all the meetings held about the current situation and at this stage “your on your own” is all I’ve taken away from them. So be it!
    Don’t get me wrong these people are working tirelessly to resolve this problem but like everything worthwhile it’ll take time, that is a luxury I no longer have :eek:
    Keep up the good work.
    Many thanks,
    Slug Chucker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Well you're not on your own Slug Chucker, we're all rooting for you and hope you get a result. Support may be all we can give you, but I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that we all support you.

Good luck!

Now I'm off to run and shoot in a match, which is what it's all about :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Now I'm off to run and shoot in a match, which is what it's all about :D[/quote]

I thought it was running and shooting they were trying to stop!:eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

We never had any running and shooting - that's just an urban legend used to beat us.

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭xesse

i dont understand the logic in here at times ... lets say
    1 you want a c/f 9mm
    2 all you want to do is plink
    3 then enter a few national comps WA1500, T+P, or multi target
    and the rest of the year do what you want
    well that if the chief super doesn,t take it on himself to ban all c/f in his area
    dont know how to fix that problem
    There was a question mark :p

Just that it seems the "good reason" lads are offering, namely club membership & attendance, is not acceptable to some CS's :rolleyes:

Therefore, are we to assume competitions is a "good reason" and the only "good reason" was my point ?

Why can't you plink or as you say shoot tin cans with a C/F ?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

rrpc wrote: »
    Bunny, I go to the trouble of writing this stuff and you won't even read it :rolleyes:

There are two requirements in the act for a restricted firearm. I wrote two seperate posts dealing with what to do if you are refused on either one. The first of which was on 'good reason'.

The second was 'appropriate for the purpose'.

Thanks rrpc -this information was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 solictmeholowme

Did you find anyone young lean and hungry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

If you’re looking for someone I believe that an arrangement has been made with a certain experience solicitor in the Dublin area to handle appeals etc .

problem is I can’t remember his name but was told he handled FA cases before , I believe it was the NASRPC that secured his services so if you contact them I’m sure they would give you the details .

Dar

• Advertisement
Advertisement