Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT010 progress to Honours degree

Options
  • 06-11-2009 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to progress from the DT010 ordinary electrical services engineering course to an honours degree - maybe to DT021?

The course description for DT010 mentions that:
    "Students who have reached the appropriate level in final examinations and meet certain subject prerequisites may have the opportunity to access honours degree programmes at the Year 3 level in DIT and elsewhere in Higher Education"

Does anyone know what the 'approrpriate level' is?

Thanks for any responses in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Yes its possible, i completed DT010 and i was accepted into year three of DT021.The appropriate level as far as i know is the completion of the ordinary Degree.

Also worth a look is DT712 (full time)or Dt018 (p/t) which is the addon progression honours degree for DT010.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pirate_girl

Hey Iluvjazzmasters,

Thanks for the response, that's great to know.

Did you have to fill out a form or anything to tell the college that you wanted to do this? Or did you get offered it automatically once you completed DT010.

Thanks again for responding.

Heya pirate girl, well i filled out an advanced entry form for, available here http://www.dit.ie/media/documents/admissions/DITEntryFormWEB.pdf and the college got back to me in due course.Hope this helps:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pirate_girl

Thanks, that is helpful.

Really appreciate your advice - I'd like to get the honours degree. :)

No problem at all :D, always good to see a female doing DT010, tough but great course.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Yes it is, you have to do another 2 years full time to get a B.Eng. the other option is DT712 which I am currently doing. Its a new one year full time B.Sc in Elec Services and Energy Management, very interesting but a big step up from DT010 ordinary level, hope that helps.

There is a 2yr part time available also DT018, you have to apply during or after you get your degree, best to apply early though.

Advertisement