If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best LCD for Sport?

Options
  • 06-11-2009 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked recently, but had a search and couldn't find any answers.

I'm looking for a 32" (maybe 28" depending on frame size) that will be very good for fast moving sports, such as tracking a golf ball as getting SKY HD and want to make the most of it. I always want it to be pretty good for most of the other things such as movies and etc so good colour is important.

Also want it to be pretty good going forward so it has enough HDMI points etc although I assume this is pretty standard now.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Alfalad

I have a few that will do the job for you.

We'll start with the Top Dog, the 32PFL9604H.
    This TV has 100Hz Screen refresh backed up by a 2ms response time helped along with Perfect Pixel HD - This one LOVES motion:) regardless of what it is - Sport, Movies, GAmes it will lap it up.

Her is the link to the full spec for it
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl9604h_12/32pfl9604h_12_pss_eng.pdf

Its cloesly followed by the 32" 7 and 8 series TV's. series ahd Ambilight and Net Tv functions into the fray.
    The 32PFL7404 was this years What HiFi award winner fgor the 32" screen size.

Once more these are 100Hz TV's and have a 3ms response time aided by Pixel Precise HD processing. Motion is this TV's forte as well
    At their core these two TV's are the exactly the same image wise the

I've included the spec for the 8 series below.
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl8404h_12/32pfl8404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

All of these TV's will SHINE with Sky HD, Blu-Ray and HD Games consols plus enjoy standard def DVD's as well...

We sell the 32PFL9604H for €999.99 in store, the 32PFL8404H retails for €799.99 and finally the 32PFL7404H sells for €699.99 in the shop.

You can deduct your 10% Philips Shop Boards Discount from all these prices AND I'll give you extended warranties on all three - 5yr on the 9 series, 4 years on the 8 Series and 3 years on the 7 Series.

I have all on display in the shop so why not call on in and have a looksee?

Atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Thanks for the info Ash, seeing as I don't want the ambilight so maybe the 32PFL7404H would be my best bet!

Thanks for the info, and I might try and pop in so!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

alfalad wrote: »
    seeing as I don't want the ambilight

madness I tells ye! once you go ambi you'll never go back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Alfalad

Yep you cant go wrong with the 32PFL7404H (being and award winning TV and all!)

Net TV and Ambilight are nice things to have mind......

I have the 32PFL7404 in stock at the moment + plus you get a 3 year warranty.

Let me know if you'd like one reserved
    Have a good weekend
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.