Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV Sligo Is Only A Temporary Store!

Options
  • 06-11-2009 2:04pm

Here is an email i received from HMV ........

Dear XXXXX,

Ref: 113125

I am writing to you in response to your recent communication regarding our Short Lease store in Sligo.

I am pleased to inform you that the above store will be trading from the 9th November 2009, however, we do not currently have any plans to keep this store open for longer than the Christmas period, meaning the store will be unable to place any customer orders and will only sell the items that they have available within the store, the majority of which will be new releases and high interest items.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and we look forward to seeing you in store soon.

Kind regards

Samantha Firth
    Customer Service

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭JohnThomas09

them Backstards...:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Why would they have gone to the effort of opening a store if it's only for a short period. The cost of ordering the stock, signage, hiring staff etc...
    I thought they might close after Christmas due to sales decreasing but I didn't realise it was their plan for a short-term lease.

Maybe if things are going good for them though they might increase the lease.

*Heres hoping*

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Maybe if things are going good for them though they might increase the lease
    Yeah, that's what I took from the e-mail too.

I find it odd that Johnson's Court agreed to a 3 - 4 month lease! :confused:

basquille wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what I took from the e-mail too.

I find it odd that Johnson's Court agreed to a 3 - 4 month lease! :confused:

I've emailed Jon Dunt at Johnstons Court to check this out and am awaiting a response!

Reply from Jon Dunt

Hi xxxxx,

I can confirm that the below response is incorrect.

HMV have signed a long term lease with us here at Johnston Court.

Regards,

Jon

Jon Dunt

Centre Manager

Johnston Court

O'Connell St.

Sligo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good quick response from Jon Dunt.. fair fecks!

basquille wrote: »
    Good quick response from Jon Dunt.. fair fecks!

I have found him to be an absolute gent,he always responds to any emails that I have sent him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I have found him to be an absolute gent,he always responds to any emails that I have sent him.

ditto....top man

Advertisement