Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sign-on welfare in Lucan?

• 06-11-2009 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Is there a local lucan office for signing on or is just the one in Clondalkin I need to go to? Can't find any info..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The Clondalkin office covers Lucan,as well as Newcastle and parts of Rathcoole iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Get there early - say 8.30 at latest - office opens at 9.30

When you go in, you will need to register and get a number, this desk is ahead of you to the left as you go in.

You can park in car park opposite, Dunnes Stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

thebiglad wrote: »
    Get there early - say 8.30 at latest - office opens at 9.30

When you go in, you will need to register and get a number, this desk is ahead of you to the left as you go in.

You can park in car park opposite, Dunnes Stores.
    Good info.
    I went in there in Febyuary @ 1.30pm (they close 3.30pm ffs!) same-day as was laid-off (why hang about) & had my form stamped so I wouldn't lose-out day-wise in my claim & was told to go away & come back another day that there wasn't a hope of me being processed in the two hours such was the demand/queue.
    Came back next day (Thursday) & joined queue. No.37 iirc & was able go across to Mill for Brekkie, come back & still ondly up to No.15/16 being dealt-with.
    Oh, & a word of warning don't have a loose bladder as when I was there they either announced over the tannoy or there was a sign that toilet(s) were Out of Order. Although one would hope that's been rectified by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppet84

Kohhal wrote: »
    Is there a local lucan office for signing on or is just the one in Clondalkin I need to go to? Can't find any info..

If it's a new claim,you do have to go to the clondalkin office but if you claim has been approved, You sign on once a month in a signing on centre in Lucan village,It is the right turn after carey's newsagents...just before the post office.

Note that this opffice is only for signing on 3 days a month and is just for signing on.

Hope that explains it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭herbiemcc

Thanks for those directions, I had a look today so I know where to go next week. It's on a little side street called Gandon Mews if anyone wants to GoogleMap/SatNav it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement