Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replica WWII Guns

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Preusse wrote: »
    No, not airsoft. They were full metal Spanish-made replicas with a simulated working mechanism.

If these are the Denix replicas you're talking about, a reenactor told me recently that they're becoming rare as the factory in Spain burnt down a while back with the loss of most of the stock.

I can see it now: a Garda report claiming these can be made into fully working models, much like that report in the UK that zinc replicas could somehow be converted into real guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

The Kar98k, i totally forgot about that, they're beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

kowloon wrote: »
    If these are the Denix replicas you're talking about, a reenactor told me recently that they're becoming rare as the factory in Spain burnt down a while back with the loss of most of the stock.

I can see it now: a Garda report claiming these can be made into fully working models, much like that report in the UK that zinc replicas could somehow be converted into real guns.

Yes, the Denix models.

No, I don't think it had anything to do with making them into working models (it's not possible anyway). It had something to do with the (then) recent spade of robberies using replica guns. And admittedly, the Denix models look like the real thing and are heavy enough as well. That was the problem. The general public would not be able to tell the difference and when faced with them they would be scared (understandably so).

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kizmax

Hi all does anyone know where I can advertise a 1941 Bren lmg mk1
    Deactivated but mechanism still works

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Is it completely beyond use (decommissioned) and have you current authorisation from your Superintendent to have it in your possession. If yes then advertise it on the for sale section, with pictures (your own and not internet ones) and a price with a warning that it needs authorisation from the local Superintendent of the possible buyer before you can sell it and they can own it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
Advertisement