Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public sector pay and privite sector tax increase but...

Options
  • 06-11-2009 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

Everyones talking about how there should be public sector pay cuts or tax the higher earner and all kinds of things like this.

I do have opinions on this but the thing I would really like to see is politicians being hit.

I think they should have 50/60% cut in wages. There expense should be made fully public and must be easily accountably. These expense should not be a bonus, but to used to offset cost in carrying out work.All there assets and all donations should be public.

Actions like this might increase peoples willingness to take a hit.

But i think the chance of a politician doing anything along these lines is zero instead they'll argue there much need and doing a good job that justifies there cost to the public of this country.

I believe most people would like these f*c*ers to feel the pain for there mistakes!

Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

I would prefer to have 50% less politicians than pay the existing lot 50% less, might get some actual leadership if they were not all whoring themselves at every parish pump they can find.

I think this talk of peoples 'willingness' to take a hit is kinda odd. People have not shown any 'willingness' to be made redundant, they just were.

People that I know were not 'willing' to take a pay cut, the conversation was more or less along the lines of 'Company is shagged, take a pay cut or lose your job'.

Business owners have not had a 'choice' in their drop in income. They didn't decide this year I am going to work less and piss off and play golf instead. Sales tanked.

'Willingness' seems to be making some assumption that people have a choice. I have 20 odd billion per annum of additional debt thats says they don't have a choice, and the IMF round the corner who will give zero choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Brian Griffin

used the wrong word there.

trying to talk more about how our overlords need to be targeted before anyone else in the public sector and how they should have a vast paycut. I would agree with also gettting rid of half them.

This goes, even if there was an election and a full new set replaced them all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Perfectly agree with you Brian - the politicians need to be shown to be taking a much bigger cut and bearing some responsibility for their actions. Now the fact is that the cut itself would do nothing for the deficit (you'd need to pay the PS/CS nothing for a year and give them no social welfare for that), but as a symbolic gesture it might help ease the way for the cuts that need to be done.

Advertisement