Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information about a person in prison

Options
  • 06-11-2009 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

How can I find out if someone is being held in prison?

I wanted to visit someone who as I belive is in Cloverhill Prison. So I have called them asking if I can get that information. But, strange thing, instead of getting a clear answer (e.g. we can't tell you that) I am being switched to a different persons, no one knows nothing, and finally they just disconecting the call.

?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Go to the prison during visiting hours and request a visit with the person you think is there (have date of birth available). If they are not there you will be told they are not there. If they decline the visit you will be told this. If they are present and do not decline the visit you will get to see them presuming there are no practical difficulties - go in good time for the start of visiting times.

Alternatively instruct a solicitor to write to the prison governor asking if the person named is currently in that prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fando

I am 200 km from Dublin, but I will probably give a try. Thanks for info

Advertisement