Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question. Linking to a Database in Dreamweaver.

Options
  • 06-11-2009 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

Here's the score.

I'm using MAMP and php which works fine for simple things like
    <?php echo date("l");?>

but now I'm trying to pull content from a simple database I've made.

In Dreamweaver, I'm using the "databases" window and adding a new database.

However, when I try and add one I get this.

Screen%20shot%202009-11-06%20at%2014.31.17.png

Screen%20shot%202009-11-06%20at%2014.31.26.png

Is the data I've inputted correct or does anyone know what the problem is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Maybe I should have said that I've set up and got working Wordpress installations on my MAMP installation so the mySQL and stuff is working but there is some thing simple that's wrong.

I can't remember dreamweaver's database functionality, as I usually handcode the db connection. Have you looked at the details you plugged into the site wizard? There may be a problem there.

Probably best to write the database code yourself thouh. Have a look here http://php.net/manual/en/book.mysql.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I'd be much more of a handcoder myself but I tend to see how Dreamweaver does it, then edit it and learn how it things work by taking it apart.

I'll look into doing it handcoding it from scratch. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I would also recommend doing the coding by hand. IIRC dreamweaver's generated code was quite ugly looking.

Advertisement