Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Viewty Smart V HTC Hero

• 06-11-2009 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hey,

Looking at getting a new phone soon and so far interested in LG Viewty Smart or HTC Hero. Has anybody used both?

Cheers

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

i'm looking at an LG myself
    haven't had one yet, but my neighbour has the Viewty - which I like

But i'm tempted by the new one - LG Renoir its apparently the new version of the Viewty -
    its nice and very light and has all the features,(all nice except the price tag:eek:)

(Sorry if i'm a bit off topic)

Let us know what you go for and how you get on,
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,052 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i'd look into the apps available for the Viewty Smart. I had got the Viewty when it first came out, and got shot of it last christmas - there were issues I had with the phone itself (it wasn't multi-touch for instance) but I presume they have been sorted. However, my biggest gripe was that it was a well supported phone app wise, and that LG didn't support it post launch with firmware updates to add functionalities it should have had originally. You had to hack the phone to customise it. Again, maybe these issues have been dealt with, but they would put me off buying another LG phone til i was certain they had sorted that kind of thing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

@ Pablo - I had to laugh when you said the 'new' LG Renoir :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

IMO the Hero bitchslaps all of LGs line with a giant fish

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

rizzee wrote: »
    @ Pablo - I had to laugh when you said the 'new' LG Renoir :pac:

I was kind of thinking that myself!!! - maybe i'm getting them mixed up
    I was in a three store the other day and they showed me a new LG - not on display yet

i'll double check the name and get back to you with it,
    its definitly an LG R**** something ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Get the HTC Hero, no question about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭philidub

Got it, love it. Thanks for help.

P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

IMO the Hero bitchslaps all of LGs line with a giant fish

Yea but does it have a transparent keypad...:)

bah, htc just ain't cool enough for some of us..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

had the viewty, was impressed at first(I'd want to be, I paid 300 on bill pay when it was first released:eek:)..but later discovered it is a piece of crap.

My girlfriend had the LG Shine..I was also impressed at first, given it only cost about a 10er on bill, but again I was proved wrong, it lasted about 6 months.

I now have come to the conclusion that LG phones are crap.

Currently have an iPhone 3gs, very very happy with it, its my 2nd iphone too. If the iphone was not available, next in line would be the Hero...

Out of all phones available today from the operators in Ireland, in my opinion, the iphone and the Hero are far far ahead of anything else out there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

To sum up: LGs suck except for those with a transparent keypad :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

strecker wrote: »
    To sum up: LGs suck except for those with a transparent keypad :P

Right on the transparent button:D

it's a very nice phone but I'm still a little suspicious about the bend in the Hero, feels a little like i'm using one of these...
    eg_astrowarsred.gif

Advertisement