Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardsie Punditry Production?

• 06-11-2009 5:51pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

Wandering around town today thinking about the talk lately of building the community here, I wondered if anyone would have any interest in recording a football punditry mini production of some kind?

Could be any format - a live pre & post match discussion panel on a game streamed directly onto the web, a match of the day or goals on sunday recorded job, soccer AM type bit of whimsy, etc... maybe one of ye fancies yourself as a bit of a Billo, digging up controversial discussion points (quotes from posters on the forum...) and offering them to the 'panelists' (think Mr Alan vs Boggles live) to discuss? Perhaps someone does a passable James Richardson style newspaper round up bit?

It'd obviously be low budget and probably pretty cringeworthy but I think it could be a bit of fun too. Not taking itself too seriously I think it'd be a cool way to bring the community a bit closer together and show Ronnie Whelan how it's done! (or not...) With the amount of dedicated contributors this forum has I'm sure there's bound to be plenty of people with the necessary skill sets, be it presenting, ranting and raving, graphics, producing and so on.

Myself I could offer a video camera & tripod to use, it's a pretty fancy prosumer HD cam usually used for film-making that's gathering dust...

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

love the idea - would probably best of seeing if it could be done from distance though, sounds like you mean gathering in one spot, which will limit it imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I have actually discussed the possibility of some sort of Boards Soccer Forum Podcast with Eire Dearg quite recently.

Definitely have the platform for it here and I'd say the interest would be high.

Massive thumbs up/support from me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'd say yes, though i'll be in England for a month as of Monday; training for a new job. f*** you recession.

but come december i'd be interested if logistically possible for me.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

mayordenis wrote: »
    love the idea - would probably best of seeing if it could be done from distance though, sounds like you mean gathering in one spot, which will limit it imo.
    Personally one of the big attractions to this for me would be to see a few boardsies together discussing various topics live, but that doesn't mean there couldnt also be remotely recorded bits - reports on foreign or local football, interviews, anything really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I'd take part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Personally one of the big attractions to this for me would be to see a few boardsies together discussing various topics live, but that doesn't mean there couldnt also be remotely recorded bits - reports on foreign or local football, interviews, anything really...

Bags bein Sid Lowe! :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Yea thinking about it I go that totally wrong,
    speaking from some experience there would have to be some effort made in terms of lighting and set but you can do this quite handily,
    we used something like sticking a couch in a strange location was enough for the viewer to stop thinking about budget.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

id be very interested in this if my being in Taiwan was somehow able to not be a problem for taking part in some form, otherwise expect me to be a viewer/listener/whatever this ends up being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Lad who does the commentary for the St Pats games would be interested in someone from here prefarably non LOI fan doing analysis live on internet for home games at HT and FT.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Off to Thailand now for three weeks but I'll give it a bump when I return...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Count me in!

Advertisement