Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it the phone or is it YouTube?

• 06-11-2009 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

I could describe my problem here but I may as well show you ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQPwEt9Pl60

That's me. That's my phone. That's my problem.

My question is: is this an issue with YouTube (in which case, good luck to me waiting for them to get their finger out and fix it...) or is it something about my phone that is causing this problem? I just updated the phone software, it didn't help.

If it's the phone, is there anything I can do to fix this?

Cheers

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭missyfirefly

how old do the videos have to be for this not to happen?

anything to do with HD vids?

A friend of mine has the SE w995 and All you tube vids work fine.

I reckon it's the phone. Maybe the you tube streaming settings for your phone are the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

Its obviously Youtube if some videos work and some don't? Unless i'm missing something here??

EDIT - Do the 'newer' Youtube videos have different formats than older ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

The Prayer video is 2 minutes.

The other one is ten.

Is it something to do with filesize?

The longer file works fine on my phone (N97) over WiFI..
    (sorry, not going to try it over an APN)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

OP I have the same problem on my Samsung Tocco Lite! A few weeks ago, I was able to view new videos on Youtube on my phone with no problems. However, last week I started having the exact same problem you are having - except it seemed to be happening for ALL videos - new and old! I do not know what causes it and it's still happening.

It had nothing to do with the length of the video, because I was able to watch 10-minute videos no problem. Now, I can't even watch 1-minute videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭rozeboosje

eskimo wrote: »
    OP I have the same problem on my Samsung Tocco Lite! A few weeks ago, I was able to view new videos on Youtube on my phone with no problems. However, last week I started having the exact same problem you are having - except it seemed to be happening for ALL videos - new and old! I do not know what causes it and it's still happening.

It had nothing to do with the length of the video, because I was able to watch 10-minute videos no problem. Now, I can't even watch 1-minute videos.

They fixed the problem; at least it is now working again for me. How about others with this problem? Is it working again for you too?

• Advertisement
Advertisement