Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

text editing tools & smiles

Options
  • 06-11-2009 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

hi

cant seem to use the text tools and the smiles section when posting.
    can you explain why this might be?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hey Maddogg

Do you mean that the buttons just sit there and do nothing when you press them?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Maddogg

yes, when i try to click the button to add a table in a msg or try to put a smiley face there is no action! Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Is the drop down menu up at the top working ok? What browser are you using?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

might be useful for this user to try once of the different editor options under misc at the bottom of options list in usercp.

extra formatting controls instead of wysiwyg for instance.

im usin IE 8(IE 8.0.6001), never thought of trying it on mozzilla will do that now.
    they were working fine and i even made a post on a thread and in the same session i decided to put another post and i could use the table button.

by drop down box do you mean IE drop down, it is workn fine but if you mean the drop down for the font size then no it aint working....

any suggestion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hmm, no idea, I'm moving this to Developers as a possible bug, but I think this is just relevant to you tbh, I haven't heard of the smileys not working but the table is working? And maybe here someone can offer other ideas to fix this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

It's possible that some of the javascript for boards.ie stored by your browser has become damaged.

If you're experiencing the problem with more than one browser, this is less likely.

If you're just using the one browser, you could try clearing your cache for the page; when you're looking at a boards.ie page, hold "Ctrl" on your keyboard and press the "F5" key.

HI guys

i opened boards.ie using mozzilla and it was working fine so this narrowed it to IE. so i clear the cache(note: i see Ross's reply now) etc and it was fine

sorry if i caused any hassle and thanks for your help

thanks again :D:D:D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement