Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox - Black or White?

• 06-11-2009 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭

Xbox - Black or White? What's the difference?

I'm thinking of getting one of these quite soon but I never had one before and I'm not sure which one to go for. I seen the ad for Forza motorsport and I have to get one!

Is it just a difference in the size of the memory? I don't think I'll be downloading films and stuff so maybe the one with smaller memory will do me?

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

"It does'nt matter if your black or white", Michael Jackson

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

it's just the size of the HDD.

the Black (Elite) has 120 gig

while the white has 20 gig...

... i think they stopped doing the 60 gig.

- Drav!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

If you don't need the memory of the Elite(250 gig) then the Pro(60 gig) would work perfect for you. Look around, theres some really good deals on at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

it's just the size of the HDD.

the Black (Elite) has 120 gig

while the white has 20 gig...

... i think they stopped doing the 60 gig.

- Drav!

So is the HDD used for storing games and movies?

20 Gig would probably do for all I'd be doing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Also the Black one has a HDMI port, while the newer white one has too as far as I know the older white model doesnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yes, the elite (black) has either a 120 or 250gb hard drive depending on certain bundles. They dropped the mid-range (white) one which was 60gb but you still might pick one up somewhere. Then theres the arcade (also white) which comes with no hard drive (afaik, unless they've started using 20gb HDDs again?) and just a memory card. Go for the elite if you can afford it because the hard drives on their own are very expensive. Although you say you aren't going to be downloading anything, it's nice to you have the space there if you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

my 2 cents on this is that id go for the bigger HD. there is an option to install your games onto the HD and when this is done it runs a lot quiter. each game might take up roughly 5-6 gigs so the 20gig may eventually prove to be too small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Boxfresh wrote: »
    So is the HDD used for storing games and movies?

20 Gig would probably do for all I'd be doing.

If you want to install the odd game and keep the system a lot quiter I would reckon go for the 60gb option (if its still available)

I find my 120gb elite is slowly filling up!

Or you could just wait a week or so and get the 250GB Call Of Duty bundle, with call of duty and 2 wireless joypads, think theyll retail for about 300....

I could be wrong but there may be a similar Forza 3 bundle with the 250Gb HD....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Nemanja91 wrote: »

The Resident Evil 5 one, I think it actually looks alright in red!

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/17/250gb-forza-motorsport-3-bundle-announced-for-uk-south-africa/

Looks like the COD bundle is only for the states! Forza one for Europe afaik....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Fieldog wrote: »
    The Resident Evil 5 one, I think it actually looks alright in red!

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/17/250gb-forza-motorsport-3-bundle-announced-for-uk-south-africa/

Looks like the COD bundle is only for the states! Forza one for Europe afaik....

yeah i have it, i love they way its red and the memory card slots are black, the control is also really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dsender

I think amazon.co.uk are going to do the COD 250 bundle, check it out some really good 360 deals.

Advertisement