Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PADI Vs Cmas

• 06-11-2009 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Advanced open water diver getting back into diving after a break of bout a year and a half, have joined an aqua club so that I can go diving with a mate who's a member. Only problem is that they do the cmas course and so I have to start from the beginning again as my padi qualification is not recognised by the club.

My question is this, if I qualify as a club diver under the cmas certification can I still log any dive's I do in my padi log book aswell so I could do padi courses down the line if I wanted to?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

All CFT clubs recognise PADI qualifications. There is info on Crossovers on their website:

http://www.cft.ie

As far as starting all over again is concerned, after 18mths of a layoff I would think it would be an accurate description of your non-diving status.
    As to grading, AOW equates to Trainee in the CFT logbook. This is because the grade is an ADVANCED OPEN WATER grade, not an ADVANCED DIVER grade.

Any one who has succeeded in going on to get the Club Diver grade has acknowledged that there was a fair amount of learning to be had in between.

Over 80% of members in some CFT clubs I know have come across at the same grade.
    They rarely chose to go back.

But you can log all your dives in whatever logbook you have. Maybe do the PADI Rescue Diver next year.

Diving is about competence, not grades. Enjoy the journey.

Seadeuce

Advertisement