Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Music around Longford

Options
  • 06-11-2009 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering what pubs around Longford county have good live music? I'm in a band based in Athlone and we're looking to broaden our horizons....we play KOL, Artic Monkeys, Thin Lizzy etc. Any info is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭davehey79

Hi, just wondering what pubs around Longford county have good live music? I'm in a band based in Athlone and we're looking to broaden our horizons....we play KOL, Artic Monkeys, Thin Lizzy etc. Any info is appreciated

you could try contacting Carrs Pub 043-3336998 they usually have fairly modern bands and new bands for the town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

foo fighters are playin someday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

mink_man wrote: »
    foo fighters are playin someday...

i heard that too, dave grohl has some far out relation in the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

Paddy wards in Ballymahon!...

in fact were in there tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

Give PVs a buzz about playin in the Red Room. Its reopened a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

There's a gig that happens every so often called Whiplash. It really has a mixed variation of genres at it, it's not ALL metal. :P
    I used to have the organizer's number back in the day but it's on my old, now dead phone. Try hitting up their bebo page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=7512670309

I'm sure they'd be more than happy to have you play as it's been struggling the last few gigs due to the same old bands over and over... The Music scene in Longford has, unfortunately,been dieing. :'(

Advertisement