Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H365 SQL Address's

Options
  • 06-11-2009 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just got hosting with 365 and there new plans (Which are a nightmare) Anyway, I set up an SQL database but it doesn't give me the SQL server address. And localhost doesn't work either. Any ideas? Its unlike the old CPanel which was great, its an interactive web thing but doesn't give the SQL Server address.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You should contact their support desk.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Is it on H-Sphere?
    Once you login and get to the main account area, click the MySQL Server. It displays your host and port details as well as any existing DBs.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DaveyByrne

'localhost' needs to be set up in the hosts file on that machine

127.0.0.1 might work - this is the standard IP Loopback

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

DaveyByrne wrote: »
    'localhost' needs to be set up in the hosts file on that machine

127.0.0.1 might work - this is the standard IP Loopback
    That assumes that the DB is on the same server as the web server - I somehow doubt that's the case

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

In my case they aren't on the same box hence why I provided the way to get the details. However a support request as you recommended would be the best course of action for the OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

if it is mssql server then its outside the cp

http://sqladmin.register365.com/mylittleadmin.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Got this sorted folks. Don't change from C-Panel if you can! I had to as SQL6 was slow every weekend which was causing a huge amount of errors. The new Cluster array is very quick and really can't complain so far. But when you do make a Designer Platform, choose Linux it displays more information on SQL address's etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

In fairness this is a support question and I've already banned a member of 365 staff for providing support on the forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement