Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moldy 50mm f1.8 mk1

Options
  • 06-11-2009 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi all!
    Short story is that I bought a mk1 version 50mm lens from eBay and notice mold on the onside between the last and second last elements. It will cost me more Money to return the item and probably too much to get cleaned professionally. I'v trawled google for diagrams/how to's and any info on the lens, so now i'm asking you guys if anyone has any info on how to dismantle/clean my new lens. I would be very greatfull.
    Thanks in advance
    G2TM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

Hi, Basically, you can't really get rid of mould. It grows back even if it was cleaned. :( Maybe you could send it back to the ebay seller and see if they will refund you the cost and the postage.

Advertisement