Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep Purple - Marquee Cork June 2010

Options
  • 06-11-2009 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Title says it all, tickets on sale next week from Ticketmaster. Playing on 30th June (Weds I think). Looking forward to this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****ing nice one!! Saw 'em up at the old point, great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

Serious? Wow!!!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

Didn't mean to doubt you, Roanmore. The details are here..................

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/content/view/462/105/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

****ing nice one!! Saw 'em up at the old point, great gig.

i was there too, imo skynyrd blew them off the stage, dont get me wrong they were good but a bit self indulgent, hopefully they just come out and rock the f*ck out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭PWR

saw in the Point, absolutely brilliant, this will be one to savour. Whats the capacilty of the marquee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

I had sworn I'd never again set foot in that venue again to see any band after seeing Slayer there a couple of years ago. The sound was horrendous and I reckon it's the venue that's the problem. However, I'm gonna get tickets for 'Purple and let's hope the acoustics are improved down there. The missus insists we're going and that's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

I'm defo going to this Ian Paice is one of my favourite drummers.
    On another note, Is it not about time Cork got a decent venue?

i was there too, imo skynyrd blew them off the stage, dont get me wrong they were good but a bit self indulgent, hopefully they just come out and rock the f*ck out of it!

I wouldnt say LS blew them off stage but there was defo waaay to much willy waving by deep purple, Steve Morse in particular spent the best part of 15 minutes piss around the place doing solo's.

PWR wrote: »
    Whats the capacilty of the marquee?

At a guess 5000.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Just back from the Glasgow gig, still awesome. Few off rapture, usual classics, and some obscure surprises (inc battle rages on). Hadn't seen them since 03, and it was great to see them so soon after Lord

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

There is a snippet with Steve Morse in the new Classic Rock where he says that DP plan to record a new album early next year, so there could be new material on show come June.

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    There is a snippet with Steve Morse in the new Classic Rock where he says that DP plan to record a new album early next year, so there could be new material on show come June.

Thats great news, hoping that they'll play a good spread.
    Lads 70 quid is a bit cheeky for a ticket. Especially if there's no support band playing. There usually isn't with gig in the Marquee

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Martin James Healy

70 quid a bit cheeky but I have two tickets for sale for €50 each including postage !! hows that for value ?? unfortunately I'll be away on business so
    will miss them any takers ???

Advertisement