Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft certification

Options
  • 06-11-2009 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if you pass a Microsoft certification, is there some logo that you can download to put on your CV relating to that exam ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Yes, there is. Once you pass certain exams and reach certain levels you will be allowed to download the respective logos from the Microsoft Certification member site. Different logos for different areas (engineering, database...).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Thanks Qwertz. I passed the MCAS exam in Word 2007 last week and I will be taking exams in Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook over the next few months. Am I entitled to download a logo for the exam I passed and if so should I have been notified by now by Microsoft as to how to do this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Did you get emails from Microsoft a day or two after passing it?

No, I haven't heard a thing from anyone about it. Although the course was organized by FAS, the trainers are from BT and the testing organization is Certiport, I think.
    I did the exam last Wednesday 4 November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Info on the MCAS logo: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mbc.aspx

Did you get a printout with your exam results? Years ago I did one of my MCP exams and the testing center managed not to upload the results to Microsoft. I had to fax my exam result printout to MS for them to add it to the database.

I have never dealrt with Certiport but it wouldn't do any harm to give them a call to confirm that they have yours in their system.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

It can take up to 30 days for them to upload.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 G-Man80

If you have your username and password which you used for the exam you can login to the website and see if your exam was successfully uploaded! I do this through an irish site www.prodigy.ie and select the Dashboard link at the top of the homepage. Hope this works :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 carolsmith62

hey guys , just passed final exam of mcse 2003 and Iam now MCSE 2003 Certified . went through months of studies , used certarea.com exams , MOC books . certarea.com questions were right on money . Even though they do not provide real exam questions , their questions are harder then real exams , so it makes it easy to understand concepts . now am looking forward to moving to cisco track

I have now received in the post a fancy looking certificate stating that I'm now an MCAS in Word 2007. I had earlier received an email allowing me to download the MCAS logo.

I have also done and passed the Powerpoint 2007 exam and I have received the email that to tell me that I can log in to logo builder and add Powerpoint 2007 to the MCAS logo.

I'm currently studying Excel 2007 and after that I will be doing Outlook 2007. AS I understand it, having all 4 MCAS exams means that you are a MOM (Microsoft Office Master).

Advertisement