Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have your animals ever done this....?

Options
  • 06-11-2009 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

My bf was telling me the other day that when he was in our computer room the other night with Brook, our four month old pup , Brook started to growl under her breath and stare out into the landing, my bf said that there was nothing there, no shadow, no reflection, nothing!!! At one point she got so scared she skidded under his chair!! I didn't think too much about this until this morning, I had a few minutes to spare before work so I was sitting on the bed on my laptop with my Chihuahua a foot or two away from me, then all of a sudden she started growling, staring at the wall, ears back. She got down really low onto her belly and tip toed over to me and curled up beside me and went back to growling at the wall. There was absolutely nothing there, frightened the life out of me! :) Anyway I was just wondering if anybody else has experienced this, is there a logically explanation for it or can animals see things we can't?????????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

My girlfriend had a dog who she thought was very sensitive to things. He'd often stare at "nothing" and bark and growl and even be visibly shaken at times. He wasn't a stupid dog or anything, very smart dog. She thought he may have seen something (paranormal possibly) that she couldn't. Always baffled her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

lrushe wrote: »
    My bf was telling me the other day that when he was in our computer room the other night with Brook, our four month old pup , Brook started to growl under her breath and stare out into the landing, my bf said that there was nothing there, no shadow, no reflection, nothing!!! At one point she got so scared she skidded under his chair!! I didn't think too much about this until this morning, I had a few minutes to spare before work so I was sitting on the bed on my laptop with my Chihuahua a foot or two away from me, then all of a sudden she started growling, staring at the wall, ears back. She got down really low onto her belly and tip toed over to me and curled up beside me and went back to growling at the wall. There was absolutely nothing there, frightened the life out of me! :) Anyway I was just wondering if anybody else has experienced this, is there a logically explanation for it or can animals see things we can't?????????

Mice inside the wall perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Mice inside the wall perhaps?

Not with our killer cat!!! Its not an agressive growl its a scared one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

lrushe wrote: »
    Not with our killer cat!!! Its not an agressive growl its a scared one!

Could have been a scent or even a sound she heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

My puppy does that a lot too, mostly in the evening, my two older dogs did it too when they were young but don't do it now unless theres actually a reason. A dog I had years ago (Isis) used to stare behind me if I was in the kitchen and she was in the garden, used to frighten the life out of me, I always thought she could see someone standing there that I couldn't. Took me ages to realise that she was staring at the door handle waiting for me to open it to let her in, (which of course I always did) Ah Isis, she had me sooo well trained. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

yup, happens here with my dog too. somethimes she's just obsest staring and following something around the room, doesnt seem feraked by it tho. just wags her tail, lies down then goes back to watching tv after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

fletch... wrote: »
    yup, happens here with my dog too. somethimes she's just obsest staring and following something around the room, doesnt seem feraked by it tho. just wags her tail, lies down then goes back to watching tv after a while

Lol, you got friendly ghosts so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

gypsygirl wrote: »
    Lol, you got friendly ghosts so. :)

Bloody hope so!!!

Terry, that you???

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

There is a group of thought that says dogs can pick up on the paranormal, therefore, they see spirits etc. I think its a puppy thing personally. When my fella was a puppy he'd stare at the walls and follow non-existent shadows across the walls. Now at 20months he just growls at next door's cats and thinks he can jump through the walls to get to them :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

There is a group of thought that says dogs can pick up on the paranormal, therefore, they see spirits etc. I think its a puppy thing personally. When my fella was a puppy he'd stare at the walls and follow non-existent shadows across the walls. Now at 20months he just growls at next door's cats and thinks he can jump through the walls to get to them :P

Scary though. Especially if the dog growls at the ghost lol Really interesting though if they can pick up on paranormal things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

Years ago we were out for a walk in innisscarra with my border collie we were in the old grave yard when she suddenly stopped at a grave and stared. When we got closer to her she started to growl very low but very angerily,,she just kept staring and growling.When we called her she wouldn't come away and it wasn't till i grabbed her collar that she stopped, and ran off. have to say it scared the hell out of me, I dont think i ever heard her growl before that,,Never went back there either:rolleyes::p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Lucy does this. Stares into a corner with her back up and growls. She only ever does it when she's in the house with me. Really creeps me out.

Saying that, she recently started growling at a wall in the livingroom until I discovered she was frightened of a new lamp I bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Watched that new film Paranormal Acitvity last night, even more freaked out about ghosts in my house that ever ha ha;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wantolose

Our jessie + charlie do that to, they also bark in thier sleep in the evening ,when they are allowed in while we are watching tv, she lies on her back with her 4 legs up in the air barking!!:rolleyes: he lies on the floor stretched out in a heap, probably dreaming away, barking and thinking life is good!!:D

Advertisement