Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 9

• 06-11-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Some great divisional match ups this week, a resurgent Cowboys go to the Eagles, Houston at Indy, Miami at New England and for me the match of the week is the Ravens at the Bengals. I hope the Bengals can prove they're for real this season with another big divisional win and with the Steelers having a tough trip to Denver(another great match) they can take the outright divisional lead, hopefully. But the Ravens need to win too so it's gonna be interesting.
    And if that's not enough Chargers go to the slumping Giants, go Chargers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,032 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I see that the Colts have a lot of injuries in their secondary. It looks like its going to be a high scoring shootout against the Texans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i see sky are showing the colts - texans game. should be an exciting game. texans will need to score 28 or more to win. if they win can they be taken seriously?
    will be (hopefully) watching the ravens - bengals game. i see ochocinco is at his usual antics. he said he sent the ravens D a gift basket with deodorant and other stuff so the wouldnt sweat... subtle hint that the secondary stinks :D. ray ray will have the unit jacked up as usual and after these antics we could well be seeing another hit like we saw in the previous game.
    Go Ravens!
    Coach coughlin has stated that the giants season has come down to this game. is this the return of angry tom? chargers to win this through the air, V Jackson to havew a career day.
    Thats just some of my thoughts on week 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

eagle eye wrote: »
    I see that the Colts have a lot of injuries in their secondary. It looks like its going to be a high scoring shootout against the Texans.

I saw that they lost Sanders for the rest of the season. Looks like Bethea is the only healthy member of that starting secondary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Man, Sanders could've been some player. He's finished now IMO. I'm gutted about this - I think any chance of a Championship has evaporated this week. As good as the Offense is, you can't win a bowl without a good D. The Colts have proved this themselves. One of the most impressive offenses ever, over the last ten years, and the only Championship came from a good defensive year.

Gutted. :(:(:mad:confused:

Yeah Sanders is gone for the season, sad to see that. Then theres Marlin Jackson gone for the season and then Kelvin Hayden is out for three weeks. And Tyjuan Hagler is also gone for the season.
    On top of that Freeney is being rested during the week as he has been playing hurt apparently.

Its a tough time to have all them go down with them facing the Texans, Patriots and Ravens over the next three weeks.

And no even if the Texans beat the Colts this week you couldn't really take them seriously with all the injuries to Indy's D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

davyjose wrote: »
    Man, Sanders could've been some player. He's finished now IMO. I'm gutted about this - I think any chance of a Championship has evaporated this week. As good as the Offense is, you can't win a bowl without a good D. The Colts have proved this themselves. One of the most impressive offenses ever, over the last ten years, and the only Championship came from a good defensive year.

Gutted. :(:(:mad:confused:

Seriously annoying about Col. Bob Sanders. He was only back. Still we've gotta believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Another exciting NFC East divisional battle this week, hopefully a repeat performance of the last time we played,44-6 that would do nicely. Seriously though I think the Eagles will do enough to win this match. I can see Romo having one of his off days and D Jackson getting the vital touchdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Can't wait for the Colts game. Here's hoping we can maintain our winning streak. Should be fantastic viewing.

Colts win!!! That was a pretty big test for us. I had a bad feeling going into the game, even before the injuries. Manning has lost some of his early sparkle, but the yards are still coming, and tbh, once that's happening, I expect things to eventually come back to 100%
    Stilled bummed about the injuries, because I feel we've gone from SB contenders, to needing some luck in the Play-offs in order to be contenders, but we've been written off before ... we'll see. Very pleased:

Division looks safe, playoffs look certain. 8-0 baby!!! :D

Colts win!!! That was a pretty big test for us. I had a bad feeling going into the game, even before the injuries. Manning has lost some of his early sparkle, but the yards are still coming, and tbh, once that's happening, I expect things to eventually come back to 100%
    Stilled bummed about the injuries, because I feel we've gone from SB contenders, to needing some luck in the Play-offs in order to be contenders, but we've been written off before ... we'll see. Very pleased:

A bit too close for comfort. Overall the defence seemed to play ok given the injuries, but Houston dominated that clock through half time and the 3rd quarter. The interception before the 2 minute warning was key.

And I can't figure out, what the hell is Reggie Wayne doing throwing the ball.

• Advertisement

A bit too close for comfort. Overall the defence seemed to play ok given the injuries, but Houston dominated that clock through half time and the 3rd quarter. The interception before the 2 minute warning was key.

Divisional games are close Arthur. The team knows you so well, they know your weaknesses (stealing the clock is a big one against the Colts). I'm genuinely happy that we won this, because IMO this was by far the toughest of the 8 we've played so far.

The Texans are a good team this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Didnt catch our game, what was the story with Wayne throwing?? :eek:

Nice to see a strong Colts contingent active btw :)

Didnt catch our game, what was the story with Wayne throwing?? :eek:

Nice to see a strong Colts contingent active btw :)

He threw on one play in the 3rd quarter and was easily intercepted. I thought/hoped he'd thrown it out of bounds, but no he was picked off.

Screw it I just switched on the Giants chargers game. The giants were 14-7 down but just got 10 unanswered points. Hopefully the chargers snatch it. Would be nice for a NFC East team getting an unexpected loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ravens lost :(

And yet after gut wrenching losses to the Patriots and Vikings we could be in a fantastic shape for playoffs

But the Bengals deserved the win today, Ravens simply never got going

Screw it I just switched on the Giants chargers game. The giants were 14-7 down but just got 10 unanswered points. Hopefully the chargers snatch it. Would be nice for a NFC East team getting an unexpected loss.

There was a lot of Eli Vs Rivers talk this week. Eli is clutch, I'll give him that. My own personal opinion of Eli is that he's had a lot of doors opened for him, due to his family. But he's taken his chances well.

(I should wait 5 more minutes before posting this but, ahh ...)

Edit: I told you so, dj

Touchdown Chargers. 21 second left, Rivers toJackson for 18 yards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Great drive by Rivers, 80 yards in less than 2 minutes without using a time out :eek: Chargers go up by 1 with 21 seconds left

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Saint are 8-0 for the first time in franchise history, its a great time to be part of the Who Dat nation. Geaux Saints!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Great drive by Rivers, 80 yards in less than 2 minutes without using a time out :eek: Chargers go up by 1 with 21 seconds left

sickening stuff. its all going wrong for the G Men at the moment. really starting to worry now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

mikemac wrote: »
    Ravens lost :(

And yet after gut wrenching losses to the Patriots and Vikings we could be in a fantastic shape for playoffs

But the Bengals deserved the win today, Ravens simply never got going

Really gutting wasn't it? I think Ray Rice's playmaking had kept us in games that our production rates couldn't- though maybe that doesn't make any sense. Not having Haloti was a big knock too...

At least we have the browns next then onto a tough few weeks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭rich1874

Bengals were very good yeaterday, Carson Palmer was fantastic. 6 recievers in double figures yardage and Cedric Benson was immense. They look like a very balanced team now. Still a way to go but it would be great to see them in the playoffs again this year.
    Also that was a great game between the Chargers and Saints. Delighted the Giants got beaten. All of a sudden the Cowboys look the favourites for NFC EAST. Wouldn't of expected that a month ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

We started off very very poorly. Neither Addai or Wayne could catch the bloody ball. Lucky for us that the Texans offence were rubbish in their first play.

Injuries are really burdening us at the moment but overall we did well despite that. I think we had about 12 or so minutes of possession in the first quarter which is pretty good.

I tuned out before the third quarter began. How many penalties did the Texans get in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

well the eagles are no longer top of the division. Fair enough the team played bad at times. but the spot on the 4th and inches when mcnabb clearly got the first down was a ****ing joke. He wasnt down so where did the get the spot from ? Utter joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

well the eagles are no longer top of the division. Fair enough the team played bad at times. but the spot on the 4th and inches when mcnabb clearly got the first down was a ****ing joke. He wasnt down so where did the get the spot from ? Utter joke.

It was a bad spot by the officials but they viewed that forward progress had ended for mcnabb and that is why the play was stopped. Awful spot though as I said. Was on some of fan boards and some phillie papers and again the calls are coming for mcnabb to be benched!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I had to change my underwear at the end of the colts game:D

Sanders is such a big loss.

The texans just had it so easy at the start of the second half and those injuries really begun to show in the play.

I believe the texans had a season high of 15 pens.

With the injuries i'm not looking forward to the Pats game and their strong offencive game.

After watching the Patriots shut up Joey Porter and the Dolphins I watched the battle of the big time draft busts

That being Alex Smith vs Vince Young.

In fairness Vince Young looked decent last night but Smith, all I can say is OMG. He doesn't want to go down and take a sack, therefore 2 fumbles. Some of his interceptions last night were mind boggling.:eek:

No matter what team you support, even the Raiders and JeMarcus, be happy you don't have Alex Smith is all I can say.

And the picture of the day from yesterday.:D

1108091609.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

COWBOYS ! COWBOYS ! COWBOYS !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

eagle eye wrote: »
    After watching the Patriots shut up Joey Porter and the Dolphins I watched the battle of the big time draft busts

That being Alex Smith vs Vince Young.

In fairness Vince Young looked decent last night but Smith, all I can say is OMG. He doesn't want to go down and take a sack, therefore 2 fumbles. Some of his interceptions last night were mind boggling.:eek:

No matter what team you support, even the Raiders and JeMarcus, be happy you don't have Alex Smith is all I can say.

And the picture of the day from yesterday.:D

1108091609.jpg

Joey Porter should keep his trap shut. Didn't he do something similar in 2007 aswell telling people how much the Fish were going to tear apart the Patriots. The guy is a muppet and you wouldn't mind if he opened his mouth and then went on to sack Brady a 5 or 6 times and have 20 tackles in the game but he cant even make 1 tackle. Dude is all mouth.

• Advertisement

Yes remember Porter in the Americas game about the 05 Steelers. He came across as a complete asshole.

Advertisement