Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cardrunners/stox-poker/bluefirepoker

Options
  • 07-11-2009 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

How vital are these training sites for developing your game?
    Are they a neccesity to further your game?
    I'm thinking of signing up for a month with my FTP's on Fulltilt.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

It'd be almost definitely worth it, I think. Though I haven't seen video's from those sites in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Bluefire, Deuces Cracked and Leggo are prob the top 3 training sites. If you do a search their is a number of threads with reviews on them.

Opr

Bluefire has Galfond, I'd nearly sign up for that alone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭BobSloane

dr giggy and samoleous do excellent videos on bluefire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

BFP doesn't have DRM vids so you can DL a lot then watch later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Bluefire has Galfond, I'd nearly sign up for that alone

Yeah I am a member and his Videos are really really good. Only thing is the amount of content on BFP compared to DC and Leggo is very small. That said its substance over content and as Bob points out the site has a number of great instructors besides Galfond.

Here's a couple of past threads.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055252633

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055459791

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Check out http://www.pokertrainingreviews.net/ to get an overview of some of them.

Leggopoker would be my preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Any of ye watch grogheadflow's vids on Leggo? He plays sooo lag. Well worth a watch as he has an unorthodox style and its entertaining.

My preference is BF and DC. I think training sites are v important to micro and ssnl players. They become less important the higher you play though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    BFP doesn't have DRM vids so you can DL a lot then watch later.

you still playing 100plo? What sites would you recommend for 50-100plo training vids?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭FuttBucker

max_power wrote: »
    you still playing 100plo? What sites would you recommend for 50-100plo training vids?

Cheers.

leggo got some good plo vids i think, mostly 1/2 tho

also DC's but i find Vannessa Selbst really annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Personally I didn't really watch that many PLO vids, think I watched some of Stinger's and Wazz' on CR when I first started. Didn't really help me that much, subbed to BFP and watched Jman's PLO vids which were a lot better. Guess they helped since I'm in profit (yay) for the 46k hands I played since then. Still playing PLO100, 200.

Any of ye watch grogheadflow's vids on Leggo? He plays sooo lag. Well worth a watch as he has an unorthodox style and its entertaining.

I just watched one there, his playing style is certainly unique...He played insanely lag then at the end said the next part I'll step up the aggression, I really can't wait for that one...

I doubt I could ever play that aggro but he does alot of things I like, could be fun to try a few of them over my next few sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Yea, he leads into PRF so much and generally is a pain in the ass to play vs. His graph in is all red line winnings. I have adapted a few things from it and its working well so far, but i think many would fail if they tried to play like him. Also, Aejones played him HU in the last aejones HU vid if you wanna look.

Advertisement