Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone work for a Satellite Installation Company?

Options
  • 07-11-2009 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey my coz is looking for someone to put up and aim a satellite dish to Astra, or whatever sat freesat is bounced off these days! He's getting the dish and lnb in the next 2-3 weeks but the last time he put one up himself it fecked up everytime a bit of wind blew up so I'm ordering him to get it done right this time! We were all happy about sitting down to watch the Champions League final in HD last year, 20 mins in and we couldn't watch it! I coulda killed him!

So does anyone know anyone who's got the relevant skills and equipment to get it right this time? We're just looking for someone to do it as a nixer, not wantin to spend a fortune on it! Tanka!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Where in the county do you live

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hammer of Thor

Jaysus I never thought to say! I'm up on John Street but he's down beside The Pillar apartments in King St. So centre of town, but private parking outside his gaff.

John street and king street. I guess its wexford town.
    Try Don Sadler he is based in wexford town and is a long time in the trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

scaller wrote: »
    John street and king street. I guess its wexford town.
    Try Don Sadler he is based in wexford town and is a long time in the trade.

I'm moving to Wexford Town myself soon and will probably give your recommendation a shout about a freesat installation.

I had heard from some other natives that motorised dishes can be problematic in the area due to the salt in the Wexford air!:eek: Is this an issue?

I was half thinking of a motorised dish, as the alternative is either two dishes or DTT + a european facing dish.

Actually, is DTT feasible in town?

druss wrote: »
    I'm moving to Wexford Town myself soon and will probably give your recommendation a shout about a freesat installation.

I had heard from some other natives that motorised dishes can be problematic in the area due to the salt in the Wexford air!:eek: Is this an issue?

I was half thinking of a motorised dish, as the alternative is either two dishes or DTT + a european facing dish.

Actually, is DTT feasible in town?

My folks tried to get Don Sadler out to realign their dish after some building work shifted it. 2 months they were waiting, rang every week to see what he was at and we always got the same reply; "We'll be there at the weekend", although I'm sure with everyone desperate for work they might be a bit quicker to show up! But I think I'll leave Sadler as a last resort!

As far as the effect of salty air on motorised dishes I can't be sure, I do know that a lot of the standard sky dishes last about a year before they go brownish, quite annoying. But they're not all like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

i got it done recently, done the same afternoon i rang, i havnt his nr or name but his car is normally parked outside a house near the clonard church roundabouts on the road towards the hospital, on the right hand side as your heading towards the hospital.
    Just call in there.

My folks tried to get Don Sadler out to realign their dish after some building work shifted it. 2 months they were waiting, rang every week to see what he was at and we always got the same reply; "We'll be there at the weekend", although I'm sure with everyone desperate for work they might be a bit quicker to show up! But I think I'll leave Sadler as a last resort!
    Thats fair enough you cant say to a customer i will call at the weekend a leave them wait for 2 months. If you or the op like i can pm you details for another installer that works freelance around south wexford.

Murtinho wrote: »
    i got it done recently, done the same afternoon i rang, i havnt his nr or name but his car is normally parked outside a house near the clonard church roundabouts on the road towards the hospital, on the right hand side as your heading towards the hospital.
    Just call in there.
    That could be the guy who had a shop in henritta street that closed down i think it was called Allsats

Thats fair enough you cant say to a customer i will call at the weekend a leave them wait for 2 months. If you or the op like i can pm you details for another installer that works freelance around south wexford.

I'd very much appreciate that!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

That could be the guy who had a shop in henritta street that closed down i think it was called Allsats

yeah, thats him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Nanor

Nanor wrote: »

The OP is looking for some one local in Wexford town to do the job. The link you gave looks to Dublin based.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

A Man called Micheal Swan, has the best rep, reliable, reasonablly priced, lives up the road from king street, find his number in the yellow pages, or PM me, hope that helps,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dragoo

I get installation of freesat system from www.sdi.ie I recomended him
    Thanks

Lots of off topic disucssion moved to the Foreign Sat. forum.

Lots of off topic disucssion moved to the Foreign Sat. forum.

Zaraba could you move this to the satellite forum instead of the Foreign sat please

Advertisement