Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Working remotely in Ireland while living in UK.

• 07-11-2009 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I've recently been offered a Job back in Belfast so am planning on taking it however my employer has said about working remotely if I wanted. I was wondering does anyone know how this works and what tax would be imposed on me ?

I'd be working nearly 100% remotely maybe 2 days a month in the office, but as far as I'm aware I'd be paid into an Irish account (though would have to check up on all that). Would I have to pay irish Tax as well ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭TaxingTimes

If you are resident in Ireland and working for a UK company, they are obliged to operate Irish PAYE.

They may not be aware of the situation, but if not, you are still liable to Irish tax and will have to file tax returns each year to regularise your position. You will have to declare all your income and pay Irish tax, but with a credit for any UK taxes paid.

As your employer is a UK employer, they will have to operate UK PAYE and Social Security.

It can get a bit messy, but it is up to your employer to sort out the PAYE admin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭MrMicra

He will be resident in the UK and working for a Republic of Ireland company.

Advertisement