Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RT+ Support?

• 07-11-2009 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi,

I am getting a new CD receiver for my car which supports RT+.

I know that the live stream in iTunes for Phantom displays the track names so they have that info available.

Does anyone know if this info is being sent with the RDS too for compatible FM tuners?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Hi

we don't support RT+ for car receivers and the powers that be here discourage any form of scrolling text that may distract the driver (although it is common in other European countries and the USA).

We will look at now playing info but this will be done using a facility that is more common on domestic receivers in the future. However we have no plans to introduce this in the near future.

I don't think any other stations in the market are currently deploying this service. I believe that some RTE transmitters have a static message displaying.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mullins07

No bother. Thanks for that.
    I was just curious to know if it was going to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

It is something that we would like to do in the future but it's not on the agenda at the moment so we wouldn't be able to give a provisional date.

What model car stereo are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mullins07

This is on the way to me at the moment.
    Should have it this week.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-DPX-503U-2-DIN-MP3-USB-Receiver/dp/B001FZ4PM8

Advertisement