Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

90's babies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »

I don't know what those morbegs were exactly...but that beats Kazoo or whatever other rubbish they have on these days...
    I'm getting all nostalgic :(
    Pygmalion wrote: »
    Remember when £1 would get you a bottle of coke AND sweets?
    Those were the days.

Wow i remember theres days

(anyone remember byker grove)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Jackobyte wrote: »
    The Amanda Show. Its first shows were in November 1999 so it counts! (barely:D)

On a whim I decided to see if the site still exists.

Just as annoying as ever :P

EDIT: Also creepy as hell, did they really think it was a good idea to incorporate such an obvious stalker into the show and have the site based around her stalking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Remember the hillbilly moments! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

syncosised wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I just came across this today, and it really brought me all the way back. I know a lot of people watched SMTV, but I was always a Live and Kicking guy!

Ah I remember that vaguely, good stuff.

Does anyone remember that one that used to be on RTE? It was set in a swamp, don't remember what it was called though? Videos will earn your major ONION points...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I don't remember anything about this show except the theme tune. OK, it won't show the video but it was Dinobabies...it ended before I was born though...??

And this started airing in 1997 so....

I miss being young enough to enjoy that show...:( where oh where oh where is shadow x3, where could shadow be?
    and the mouse with the smart mouth and the otters and the moon...goodbye, goodbye, good friends goodbye, goodbye, tomorrow, just bye today...the moon, the sun and the big blue house we'll be waiting for you to come again x2...

I can't believe I remember all of that...I could do the theme song too but I'll leave it there :p

I miss being young enough to enjoy that show...:( where oh where oh where is shadow x3, where could shadow be?
    and the mouse with the smart mouth and the otters and the moon...goodbye, goodbye, good friends goodbye, goodbye, tomorrow, just bye today...the moon, the sun and the big blue house we'll be waiting for you to come again x2...

I can't believe I remember all of that...I could do the theme song too but I'll leave it there :p
    It scares me that you were young enough to enjoy that show. I was old when that show came out :eek:

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    It scares me that you were young enough to enjoy that show. I was old when that show came out :eek:
    I used love that show. I was 3 when it started!:P Luna the moon!

Official Website!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'm not that young, am I:confused:confused:
    oops, time to go prepare for my communion....see ya later!

I'm not that young, am I:confused:confused:
    oops, time to go prepare for my communion....see ya later!
    No he's just old! :P I watched Bear in the Big Blue House as well. :cool: DO in in his early 20's (I think) so that's why he considers us young.

• Advertisement

Does anyone remember that one that used to be on RTE? It was set in a swamp, don't remember what it was called though? Videos will earn your major ONION points...

Set in a swamp? Any more information?.. :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programmes_broadcast_by_RT%C3%89#Young_people.27s_programming

Here's a list of Kid's programmes that RTE broadcasts/broadcasted, so you might recognize a name from there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Called the Swamp.
    wiki wrote:
    Saturday programming came from RTÉ Cork in form the mid-1990s to the late-2000s, starting with The Swamp which took the place of classic Irish Children's TV such as Padjo's Junkbox, Scrap Saturday and Anything Goes (which broadcast on RTÉ One). Satitude was RTÉ Cork's main TV show for children and was broadcast on The Den on RTÉ Two on Saturday mornings. Satitude was cancelled in 2009.
    wiki again wrote:
    Between 1996 and 1997, The Swamp took The Den's place as a weekday strand during the summer. Mossy Fergeson, Rory and Rasher Bacon, a puppet, presented the show. The Swamp took place in a chipvan and a shop where the cast would show. The cast were involved in plots, such as saving Rasher from an eagle and getting rid of a vampire. Skelly, a talking skeleton, made several guest appearances on the show. In 1997–1998, The Swamp was aired on Saturdays and Sundays, while The Den was broadcast on weekdays. Although The Swamp proved to be successful, RTÉ cancelled the show in May 1998, much to the disappointment of its fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

You'd think on writing it, D4RK ONION would've figured it out!

I always thought RTE's Saturday morning offerings were distinctly lacking. And I used to abhor The Disney Club on Sunday mornings ... *shudders*

I always thought RTE's Saturday morning offerings were distinctly lacking. And I used to abhor The Disney Club on Sunday mornings ... *shudders*

I was on the Disney Club before!!:D Memories :P

Disney club! Oisin the dog! :D

I think that dog and the presenter were the reasons I disliked it so intensely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

This thread proves that the 90s generation, of which I am admittedly a part of, was obsessed with TV to a preposterous extent.

Oh and Rugrats ftw. I dug out the aul' VCR machine and put on some full episodes. Pure unbridled joy, even when watching with an overly logical teenage mind - 'Why would parents allow a small child to keep an actual screwdriver in his nappy? Is that not an extreme health hazard?'

Very true, most things I would turn to for nostalgia are TV, films and video games. However, it is fair to say that our discussion is on the internet, so it's a lot easier to demonstrate the digital content we used to enjoy back them. A picture of a toy doesn't really have the same effect.

I never used to enjoy watching Rugrats, yet I used to always watch it all the same ... I'm not sure why!

And in that TV-obsessed vein, here's an excellent Sprite ad right from the 90s!

You know I was thinking of this thread today, and how if you were to post in it, you'd probably post that ad, despite the fact that I do not remember it!
    Called the Swamp.
    SligoBrewer, you are legend. Just like Will Smith. Only without the awesome dog.
    You'd think on writing it, D4RK ONION would've figured it out
    I knew it was probably called the swamp, it was info I was looking for. Don't be all up in my grill n00b!
    Disney club! Oisin the dog! :D
    I remember when Oisin the dog died, and they got some new dog in and pretended it was the same dog. I was not a happy camper. :mad:

You know I was thinking of this thread today, and how if you were to post in it, you'd probably post that ad, despite the fact that I do not remember it!

SligoBrewer, you are legend. Just like Will Smith. Only without the awesome dog.

I knew it was probably called the swamp, it was info I was looking for. Don't be all up in my grill n00b!

I remember when Oisin the dog died, and they got some new dog in and pretended it was the same dog. I was not a happy camper. :mad:
    I remember that as well. He was like a different colour?!?:confused:

• Advertisement

Yeah, it was fairly obvious poor Oisin had died. :(

That's right, and it happened between weekends, so it was fairly obvious. It was the fact they didn't even acknowledge it, I thought it was a bit mean on the poor dog who'd died that they didn't even give a moment for him. I know that sounds a bit sad, but he did work for years on the show.

Now that I've discovered this wonderful topic, you're going to overrun with waves of 90s cheese!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Is it just me or were they always harping on about the Galapagos Island's on The Disney Club?

Just me then.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I was luckily able to avoid all the crap kids' shows on Disney and RTÉ as a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I was luckily able to avoid all the crap kids' shows on Disney and RTÉ as a child.

Nothing but primetime for IO.:cool:

The British had Saturday morning TV down to a fine art back in the 90s. I'm sure kids these days see whatever they have seems just as good as we saw the shows we had, but surely the internet and such has made things more diluted.

For example, I remember sending a postcard to Live and Kicking to enter a competition, because there was no such thing as email or texting, let alone Twitter or Facebook. I didn't win, but the thrill of waiting to see if they'd pick out my postcard ... brilliant.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Nothing but primetime for IO.:cool:

Spent waaaaay too much time kicking around footballs on the green...

Psh, get a life! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

you were one of those kids.....ew

Advertisement