Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

film users, how many camera bodies?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Lots & lots... all bought for mini bucks and all fun.

Some that spring to mind...

2 Hasselblads (500C and 500CM)
    2 Bronicas (SQAi and ETRSi)
    2 Mamiya TLRs (C3 and C330)
    2 Mamiya 645s (1000s and a Pro... I think)
    Mamiya RZ67
    AGFA ISOLY JR
    Holga

Olympus OM2n
    Olympus OM10 or 20... maybe 30... I can't remember
    Olympus Trip
    Canonet 28
    ZORKI-4K

And a few others... Hasselblad and Mamiya TLR being the faves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

seven - holga, diana, OM1n, 2SP, 4Ti, hasselblad 500cm, rolleiflex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Got me a Polaroid Image 2 last night and used it in a shoot today. It's a babe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

heres my current list:

Canon eos 300V
    Canon eos 300V
    Ricoh XR-1 (pentax k mount)
    Olympus XA
    Olympus XA2
    Olympus Mju 1
    Olympus Infinity S
    Nikon AF600
    Ricoh RX-50
    Konica BM201
    Yashica Electro G
    Yashica T
    Yashica T3
    Pentax PC35 AF-M

my favourite at the moment is the Olympus XA, very compact with an awesome lens, very quiet operation
    and Ive put black tape on the camera so it looks like a toy! I just wish it wasnt limited to iso800,
    other than that it would be a flawless camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

Lot more OM4Ti's around here than I expected, I have one myself, great camera.

Recently got a great little rangefinder via ebay for €55, an Olympus 35DC with 40mm f1.7 lens on the front, auto exposure so I just have to worry about focussing, great little camera though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Have a cheap underwater job from Lidl and a Canon 300V I picked up on ebay for £6 plus shipping. Only run a single film of fuji free through it before lending to a friend though thinking I might start bringing it to England with me to keep me entertained in the evenings.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

duffarama wrote: »
    Lot more OM4Ti's around here than I expected, I have one myself, great camera.
    a mate of mine has a 3Ti. i'd love one but couldn't justify the cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

a mate of mine has a 3Ti. i'd love one but couldn't justify the cost.

Hand built, works without batteries, pretty much the Olympus SLR version of a Leica M4-p

I've seen pristine OM3Ti's on ebay before for €2500 and up, thank goodness I'm usually prudent with money!

*fires up ebay and dusts off credit card*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I got myself a Fed 5 last year after liking Ghost Trains images taken with his and really enjoyed using my own. Mine isn't the most practical to use as the rewind mechanism doesn't seem to work so I've just added a Pentax ME Super to the small but hopefully growing collection.

If any film meets are coming up please let me know, the last one was great craic.

• Advertisement

Would love to go to a film meet too but won't be free any weekend until April as I'm moving house at the end of March (expect lots of shots of Dublin's most photographed power station and some kite surfers - I'm moving to Clontarf ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

I could not believe this when I counted up and I have lens galore to go with most of these SLRS... I cetainly have Gear Aquisition Syndrome...

Nikon f80S
    Nikon F80
    Nikon f75
    Nikon FM2
    Nikkormat FTN
    Nikon FE

Fujica ST1X x2
    Fujica ST605
    Fujica ST705 x2
    Fujica st 801
    Fujica ST 901
    Fujica 35 EE (rangefinder)

Canon AE Program
    Canon FT
    Canon rebel SLR

Voigtlander Vito B
    Voigtlander Vito BL
    Voigtlander Vito CLR
    Voigtlander Vito IIa Folder
    Voigtlander vitomatic iib
    Voigtlander vitomatic iia
    Voigtlander Vitessa type 134
    Voigtlander Bessa 6x9 VF Folder (1930’s)
    Zeiss Ikon Voigtländer Vitessa 500 AE

Zeiss Super Ikonta C
    Zeiss Super Ikonta B x2
    Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta III, 531/16
    Zeiss Ikon Nettar

Minolta Autocord TLR x 3

Olympus Trip
    Balda Super Baldax 6x6 folder
    Ensign Selfix 6x9
    Ensign Selfix 6x6 Commander

Smena 8m
    Zenit E m42 SLR

Praktica SLR’s x 3
    Konica Auto S3 Rangefinder
    Konica Autoreflex TC
    Konica FT-1 Motor

Agfa Isolette 1
    Agfa isolette II
    Agfa Isolette III
    Agfa Super Sillette
    Agfa Clack

Minolta Autowide Rangefinders x 2
    Ricoh 500G Rangefinder
    Leica IIIa with Elmar
    Argus C3 “ the Brick”

Ihagee Exa 500
    Exa 1a
    Exakta Varex IIb
    Exakta Varex

Mamiya Rank RF
    Mamiya 6 Rangefinder

Pentax Spotmatic

A few box brownies

And probably a few more I have forgotten …sh**te that’s over 60 of the beasties inside 3 years !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

flipping hell thats 60+, you must take a photo to show us

That lot definitely demands a photo shoot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

flipping hell thats 60+, you must take a photo to show us

Take a photo !!!! -- are you nuts? :eek:
    Reading between the lines, you are either single or have the most understanding partner ever!!!

to risk assembling all these in one spot after sneaking them in over the last few years. Well put it this way, can I come live with you afterwards? lol

I'll try to snap them but they are in two groups , one in Dublin , the others in cork in 3 huge archive boxes, plus a few out on loaners to folk. I rotate them when i go down to see the folks... thus to my partner the real number of cameras in the house never changes .. I think she is now gone beyond recognising any differences between them. Although she might notice a large format camera should I get one... still working on this one...

I suspect I am not the only member here who has bought another camera on evil bay or somewhere else and then got it delivered to work and awaited the opportune movement to sneak it into the house and let it get lost somewhere in the background noise? Jaysus, just thinking I'm glad we don't have internal CCTV. I must look like some guilty adolescent creeping in the door with his first dirty mag hidden up his jumper... lol :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement