Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF: Legend of Chun Li - what a load of...

Options
  • 07-11-2009 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

****e! Seriously, just terrible. Kristin Kreuk doesn't know how to act and Neal McDonaugh was a crap Bison. It didn't fit the games storyline one bit except the father kidnapping bit but Bison has a soft spot? This is Bison we're talking about, the dude who says THIS WILL BE YOUR GRAVE!

I really couldn't believe how bad it was. Its back to Alpha Generations and SFII for me :)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

BEGORAH CRUSHER!!1!!

Still could be worse. Seen the DoA film?

A film so bad I refuse to believe Uwe Boll didn't direct it.

It's got a BULLET TIME BRA in it. FFS.

Still, I'll bet Chunners also fares better than this:

Why is EVERYONE in black? Even Mai? Someone's forgotten the Matrix was a decade ago...

Seriously, video game films are in the ghetto that comic book films were in the 90's. Someone needs to man up like Marvel did and produce the equivalent of Blade (cost nothing, good, made money) and then X-Men (risky budget, good paid off) before we see a dacent Fighting game film.

Exceptions? Well... There's the Mortal Kombat films, they were ok... and the old skewl SF movie will keep Chopper and Azza going forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Well story lines in fighting games would be a bit all over the place anyways I mean they're fighting games after all, but still your only gonna getting anything half decent with animated films rather then live action movies.

I loved this opening as a kid had the music as my main menu music for awhile there too :p :

Would it really be THAT hard to make a good story out of SF?

Young Ryu and Ken are out running errands. They return to find Gouken killed. They go on a journey to find his murderer, running accross various SF heads on the way.

Eventually they find it's Akuma. Ryu has to battle the Dark Hadou with his desire for revenge on Wakkers.

Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

As a movie plot that's still absolute muck though :pac:

Young Ryu and Ken are out running errands. They return to find Gouken killed. They go on a journey to find his murderer, running accross various SF heads on the way.

Eventually they find it's Akuma. Ryu has to battle the Dark Hadou with his desire for revenge on Wakkers.

Simple.
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    As a movie plot that's still absolute muck though :pac:

Young Ryu and Ken are Luke Skywalker is out running errands. They He returns to find Gouken his aunt and uncle killed. They go on a journey to find their murderer, running accross various SF alien heads on the way.

Eventually they find it's Akuma the Emporer. Ryu Luke has to battle the Dark Hadou Dark Side of the force with his desire for revenge on Wakkers the emporer and Vader.

Wasn't a great story then either but if I recall the films did ok :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

So did Miss Congeniality 2, but you said "make a good story", not film!

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    So did Miss Congeniality 2, but you said "make a good story", not film!

:eek:

Thems fighting words!

I still love you, Sandra.

Simple.

This has already been done, in the animated movies I posted there, and in comics.

That 1st video I posted is from one called Alpha generations, thats a young akuma killing his and goukens master.

There was also a anime series which was pretty **** (not as **** as the american cartoon) but yeah, ryu and ken meet up with chun li and travel the world fighting people, bumping into the other SF characters along the way and eventually attracting the attention of bison... ryu learns fireballs from dhalsim and ken learns his dragon punch etc etc etc. But they totally changed the characters of ryu and ken mainly, they're head wreckers. lol.

Story wise its decent enough considering its from a fighting game but yeah it is full of cliches and it would look retarded in live action though , with fireballs and such. The best bet is a really really good anime movie or series which there hasnt really been any, some were okay but the most recent, the one for SF4, was ****e...

although lol:

ah **** there was a youtube poop kinda funny edit version of this that I can't find , ah well...

no babies for cammy...

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    This has already been done, in the animated movies I posted there, and in comics.

The point I was trying to get at in a roundabout way is that saying "they're fighting games, stories always too crap to make a film" isn't really correct. There's plenty of easy, simple revenge stories in SF that could be adapted if anyone wanted to treat it seriously. I obviously failed miserably :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/category/tekken-2008-movie/
    Tekken: The Movie (2009)

No trailer yet.
    OH GOD.

• Advertisement

The point I was trying to get at in a roundabout way is that saying "they're fighting games, stories always too crap to make a film" isn't really correct. There's plenty of easy, simple revenge stories in SF that could be adapted if anyone wanted to treat it seriously. I obviously failed miserably :D

& I said that has been done already in animated films, series, and comic books :confused: The animated films did treat it seriously and tried to make good storys, they were not terrible, and were a billion times better than the live action attempts, they just were not 'fantastic' fillms. Only ok. Cept for the most recent one which was shyte. lol.

What would hurt it being a live action film is not the story itself but more the fact that these guys walk around in karate gi's and shoot fireballs and well the characters are too 'colourful' to work in live action I think, in a serious way that is.

What we need is a movie like Speed Racer -- ridiculously OTT, "for kids", COLOURFUL, massive budget, nerd directors.

Well, a man can dream...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Nothing will beat this any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I wouldn't be bothered if a live action film was made based on the story of Alpha Generations but they could go into more depth like throwing in the moments when Ryu embraces the Dark Hadou similar to how it was done in the Ties That Bind.

Like Cunny-Funt mentioned, for sure a lot of the characters are too colourful (Zangief, El Fuerte, Rufus, etc.) but if they were taken out and the story was to be wholly focused on the shoto characters, it would work fine for the element of seriousness.

They could even make it a little more original by showing, in the first part of the film, how Gouken and Akuma trained with Goutetsu and a more in depth showing of how Akuma was lured to the Dark Hadou (I know Alpha Generations did that but they just jammed in a few clips together and focused the majority of the film on Ryu) and then continue on from that with Ken and Ryu training with Gouken to the eventual battle when Akuma returns to fight Gouken (done before yes, but no depth), Gouken is killed and show Ryu's struggles to contain the Dark Hadou.

It really could work well as it did with Alpha Generations and rather than showing flashbacks and removing unnecessary clips like Ryu shopping with that girl. (which took up something like ten minutes of the film) They could just put more depth in other parts of the film.

Leprekaun wrote:
    >Ryu
    >with a girl
    Sorry, gonna have to take you to task on that one. Don't be making up stories. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Watch Alpha generations :) and I never said he was with a girl as in a relationship but doing some groceries.

OH GOD! I feel like a total geek now.

Advertisement