Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latinas arricans asians in cork city

Options
  • 07-11-2009 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

Firstly congradulations on getting into the top 10 world cities. I am new to this city but i have spent much time travelling and i can see why cork was awarded this honour.

This is the second city in ireland i have lived in after dublin.

In dublin certain bars had dedicated brazillian or salsa nighhts, others attracted an african crowd and others much less attracted an philipino crowd but muchh less very hard to meet asians on a night out.

I am hoping you guys will be able to tell me where i have to go to meet firey latinas, beautiful africans or cute asians. I also llove cork people but i meet them everyday luckkily!!!

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

There is a bar called the "Flying Bottle" up round the northside, knocknaheeny I believe (havent been there in a while).

Plenty of african booty has jiggled in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

CorkMan wrote: »
    There is a bar called the "Flying Bottle" up round the northside, knocknaheeny I believe (havent been there in a while).

0_0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

CorkMan wrote: »

jailbait man?? why not just send him to the rob 'n' kill in mayfield and have it over with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

jailbait man?? why not just send him to the rob 'n' kill in mayfield and have it over with?

!!!

The Fob is a fine establishment! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 baseisfun

Hi Guys,

Is that the real name of the pub "flying bottle". some people think this is not a nice place although i will give it a go if i find it.

are there any more main stream places? I am surprised no one seems to know of a brazillian or some other latin night. I guess maybe there are none then??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

There's a salsa night in the Qube on Thursdays. I've heard you get a good few Brazillians in there, but I've never been myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

They used to have a Latino night in the Qube / G2 on Oliver Plunkett Street. I think it was on Tuesday nights. It was still runnning this time last year, I don't know if it's still on.

They have salsa dancing nights in other places, Chambers on Washington Street used to do them.

EDIT: Just noticed Blitzkrieger's post about the Qube. I think this is what you're looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

most bars don't run these nights coz they reckon they dont generate enough money....

might be an opportunity for you there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

baseisfun wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Is that the real name of the pub "flying bottle". some people think this is not a nice place although i will give it a go if i find it.

are there any more main stream places? I am surprised no one seems to know of a brazillian or some other latin night. I guess maybe there are none then??

Actually I would avoid the flying bottle.

me gustas las latinas! sí, sí, sí mi amigo, pero no están in Cork :( fui al Madrid el año pasado y mis ojos gustos la ciudad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Crane Lane off Pembroke St has Salsa nights every Wednesday or Thursday, not sure which night. There is always Brazilians at this event according to a friend of mine who goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

Find some African booty yet, lad?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mini5476

What about the place on the bottom of Shandon Street on the corner, couldn't tell ya the name of the place, but it generally would have an african crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

+1 on the Shandon Street place by the old bike shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

Might find some African tail in the North Quay apartments. ;)

Advertisement